2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Production Planner-NEW01207 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Salt services a variety of customers ranging from home improvement, hardware, grocery, and convenience store retailers, to food makers/processors, water conditioning dealers, and foodservice and general wholesale distribution. We make more than 1,000 different salt products and package sizes. In addition, we market national and regional brands, including Diamond Crystal® branded household consumer food and water softener salt products, Champions Choice® branded agricultural products for animal feeding, as well as Cargill® and Alberger® branded specialty salt products for food manufacturing customers.
Cargill Salt is currently looking for a Production Planner at our Newark, CA location. This role is temporary and will start on 6/1/2017 with an end date of 12/31/2017
The Production Planner is responsible for optimizing supply and demand for Newark products while working with the Supply Chain, Customer Order Management, Operations and Cargill Transportation & Logistics teams.
The role will work closely with the operations leadership team in Newark to ensure that our customers demand is met in the most efficient way. It is essential for this role to provide leadership at the site and to the order management, supply chain and transportation teams.
40% - Production scheduling/planning: Analyzes, monitors, and schedules the overall production and inventory required to service our customers. Establishes the production plans and schedules that meet with sales programs, production capabilities, transportation alternatives and warehousing/distribution center requirements. Ensures that actual production meets scheduled demand requirements.
30% - Customer Experience: Manages criticality process, outage plans, trim replenishment, tend analysis, return processing, and resolves fill rates
10% - Communication: Communicate functional objectives, production plans and priorities to our facilities. Understands and maintains plant capacities and constraints with the ability to articulate insights. Influences local team to champion the enterprise view.
10%- S&OP Process: Lead monthly sales and operations validation process for facility
10% - Performs role of facility contact.
Qualifications - Required
- BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field OR High School Diploma/GED equivalent and Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver influential messages
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve with cross functional teams
- Uses logic, rational thinking, and data to make effective decisions
- Builds relationships with other functional groups/business units
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and act with a sense of urgency
Experience with working with remote teams
- ERP application experience SAP
- Knowledge of plant capacities, equipment, processes and their interaction
- APIC's certification
- Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field
5 years in Production Planning/Scheduling
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office toolset or equivalent
- Advanced Planning Application experience
- Leading Cross functional teams
- Demonstrated customer focus track recordEqual Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Supply Chain Management
Primary Location US-CA-Newark
Job Type Temporary Work
Shift Day Job
Apply for Production Planner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly