1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Maintenance-BLO00216 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionJob Purpose/General Description
The purpose of this position is to maintain optimum functionality and reliability for all plant equipment. Maintenance Craftsperson ‘C' is responsible for maintenance and reliability in the most efficient and workman like manner. Performs jobs such as inspections, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and repairs. Interacts on a regular basis with management, peer maintenance and facility personnel along with contractors/vendors.
Craftspeople in this position:
- Investigates and solve maintenance issues (such as lubrication, welding, plant troubleshooting, repair of equipment, proper use of fasteners, gaskets, bushings, and tools), and provide solutions to problems.
- Provides support in troubleshooting equipment to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Repairs equipment as necessary.
- Inputs work information/updates in SAP.
- Performs pre-job hazard analysis type worksheet(s) and turn in to direct supervisor.
- Participates in Cause Mapping analysis.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance skill level improvement training and apply what they have learned.
- Performs all requested tasks professionally and in a reasonable time frame.
- Is flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Communicates/shares the status of all maintenance activities and projects with peers and management as necessary.
- Reads and interprets work orders, job plans, drawings, technical specification and equipment/manufacturer manuals.
- Work extended shifts to support the facility which may require coming in early, before normal shift and staying over later than normal shift. Short notice may be given. Take call-ins to make repairs on nights, weekends or holidays.
- Work outdoors in a dusty environment.
- Enter confined spaces under proper permit conditions and supervision: including tanks.
- Control traffic through department and ensure that all visitors follow safety rules.
- Troubleshoot problems as required.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by facility; determine immediate and long range needs for maintenance and repair work. Enter notifications utilizing maintenance computer program.
- Understand and adhere to state and federal Occupational Safety and Health rules and regulations as related to plant safety. Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
- Complete all housekeeping assignments, work to improve the condition of the department, and work as a team member with a positive attitude.
- Attend various mandatory safety and department meetings.
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
- Assist other plant personnel as needed, and will perform any other duty as requested by the supervisor.
QualificationsEssential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Persons in this position must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
MUST PROVIDE A DETAILED RESUME AND/OR APPLICATION
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the demonstrated mechanical aptitude to work from all types of blueprints, maintenance manuals, and drawings.
- Must have the demonstrated mechanical aptitude to the basic use of and measuring of instruments/precision tools (including Non Destructive Testing (NDT)) equipment), fasteners, piping/fittings & valves, cutting and welding, packing/sealing/gasket products, air/steam traps, rotating shaft components, filtering media and rigging.
- Must be able to interpret equipment conditions using color scales on NDT instruments.
- Must have a high degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages.
- Must be willing and able to acquire knowledge and skills of ‘B' level Craftsperson through successful completion of on-the-job training, computer-based learning and training classes. Timeline to be determined by supervisor.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating 8 or 12 hr shifts, including nights, overtime, weekends, holidays, and additional hours beyond regularly scheduled shift to cover vacancies, work jobs in progress and attend training.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant, and must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist, reach and work on irregular surfaces.
- Must be willing and able to work in inclement conditions and extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor, dusty environment.
- Must be able to frequently lift 10-25 pounds with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to wear respirator and required safety equipment.
- Must be computer literate including being able to enter and retrieve data.
- Must be able to learn computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and SAP.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have very good time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and possess follow-up skills.
- Must be willing to accept accountability.
- Must have demonstrated high performance (work performance, attendance record, safety record.)
- Must have adequate transportation.
- Must be able to travel.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance including: vibration detection or analysis, infrared imaging, oil analysis, cause failure analysis and documentation.
- Maintenance experience using precision instrumentation including: torque wrenches, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, laser alignment tools, sheave alignment tools, etc.
- Experience in cutting, welding, and metal fabrication.
- Prior predictive and preventative maintenance experience.
- Previous experience of manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of fasteners.
- Experience maintaining and repairing rotating equipment (I.E. shafts, bearings, power transmission equipment).
- Experience aligning horizontal coupled and vertical coupled equipment using laser alignment.
- Experience removing and replacing cartridge and component type mechanical seals.
- Experience in maintaining and repairing fans, conveyors, pumps, drives.
- Experience in pipefitting & tubing/fittings/valves & traps.
- Experience in machine and equipment rigging.
- Experience in data entry and SAP.
- Experience repairing and troubleshooting Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
Experience in different types of Heat Exchangers.
Craftspeople in this position will use multiple tools such as battery, electric, hand and pneumatic, basic measuring/NDT instruments, cutting and welding tools, spark resistant tools, rigging equipment, mobile equipment, safety equipment, PPE and general shop equipment.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-IL-Bloomington
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Maintenance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly