2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Elevator Oper-SID00817 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionThe purpose of this position is to operate equipment associated with the elevator process. Operators in this position are responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the elevator area. They will ensure that the equipment is fully operational and in good repair. Interacts on a regular basis with meal and bean customers, crush operators, supervisors or other personnel.
- Operate all equipment associated with the elevator process, including drags, conveyors, bean dryers, and truck dump.
- Operate grain dryers using a computer with PLC software.
- Operate Bean Dryer, Truck Dump, and Meal Loadout.
- Unload soybeans from rail cars.
- Ensure accurate information of scale weights and transactions are recorded daily.
- Process samples utilizing lab equipment to obtain and record values on a computer spreadsheet and collect samples for several process areas.
- Operate railcar puller to move rail cars.
- Push beans into or within bins using mobile equipment.
- Enter confined spaces under proper permit conditions and supervision.
- Work outdoors in a dusty environment.
- Understand and adhere to state and federal Occupational Safety and Health rules and regulations as related to plant safety. Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by facility; determine immediate and long range needs for maintenance and repair work. Enter work orders utilizing maintenance computer program.
- Troubleshoot minor problems as required.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
- Attend various mandatory safety and department meetings.
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
- Assist other crush and plant personnel as needed, and will perform any other duty as requested by the production supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating 12 hr shifts, including nights, overtime, weekends, holidays, and additional hours beyond regularly scheduled shift to cover vacancies.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor, dusty environment.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and make decisions as needed
- Must be able to open/close rail car lids and doors.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have very good time management skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and poses follow-up skills.
- Must be willing to accept accountability.
- Must be computer literate including being able to enter and retrieve data.
- Must be able to learn computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and SAP.
- Must have demonstrated high performance (work performance, attendance record, safety record.)
Primary Location US-OH-Sidney
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Elevator Oper
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly