Cargill Food Innovation Center Applications Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Cargill Food Innovation Center Applications Manager-MIN04877 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Position Purpose & Summary
The Cargill Food Innovation Center (CFIC) Applications Manager is a key member of the North American Shared Capabilities team. This position will be responsible for the daily running and customer support provided at Cargill's North American Food Innovation Center. The position will require expertise in food ingredients, applications and the development of innovative customer solutions. The Bakery & Confectionery team and the Snacks & Cereal Team within the Food Innovation Center report to this position.
The Cargill Food Innovation Applications Manager will report into the Director of Shared Capabilities for North America and is part of the BOSC team. This is a leadership position which will require leadership, talent management and Customer facing skills. The position needs to collaborate across a matrix organization to deliver results. The Cargill Innovation Center exists to create significant opportunities for customers, the Cargill commercial teams and Cargill product groups. The CFIC leader will lead the applications teams at the site. This requires technical competency and the ability to provide technical guidance and leadership. This is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to further develop their leadership skills and capabilities in a fast emerging, highly dynamic and technical business environment.
15 % Lead in our Markets and Collaborate
• Responsible for the Safety Performance of the Applications Team at the Food Innovation Center
• This position will lead the CFIC applications team to meet Cargill Applications goals.
• Responsible to lead the team in creating project pipelines in key strategic opportunity spaces.
• Fully understand CFIC Applications capabilities, product group strategies and manage for high performance
• Work closely with ECTL's and Enterprise Customer teams to ensure Customer solutions are delivered.
• Identify solutions that provide a distinct advantage for customers and create a culture of creativity and innovation.
• Work with the R&D Technical Leaders and Sales leaders across Product Groups, Shared Capabilities and Go to Market teams to execute on customer based collaboration.
15 % Most Trusted Partner
• Work with the Program Leader to ensure all Food Safety Programs are complied with
• Responsible for World Class Customer Experience on visiting the Innovation Center. Continuously improve the experience and Customer metrics and tracking for satisfaction
• Responsible for project management related to Cargill Food and Beverage Trade shows
• Translate business needs into detailed plans, and delivery of Applications solutions.
• Strong Customer facing skills to manage complex projects and present information clearly to the customer
• Strong Product group and business partner
• Interpret Market trends to identify new applications and product needs
• Strong interpersonal and customer facing skills.
• Establish and execute technical plans to meet business goals and track value delivered in project portfolios.
• Protect Customer Information using Cargill Best Practices
40% Unleash our Peoples Potential
• Build a flexible and highly engaged team
• Manage the talent and champion effective performance management.
• Facilitate the development of intellectual property that differentiates Cargill from the competition
• Execute Performance Reviews and People Development discussions
• Champion use of Cargill process and procedures
• Develop a group with deep technical skills and leadership skills to meet the challenges of the future.
15% Use Size to Our Advantage
• Be aware of, and responsive to, developments in supporting business units and functional groups
• Increase the projects in Measure phase and the value of the project pipeline
• Network effectively and collaborate with relevant internal and external resources
• Work and communicate effectively with various internal teams including Marketing, Sales, Operations, Regulatory, and Legal
• Lead project teams when necessary to ensure commitments are met
• Prepare and deliver oral and written reports for various audiences
• Manage a portfolio of technical projects on time and within budget to deliver earnings results.
15% Travel to Customer Sites and Technical Meetings
• Travel to Customer R&D sites and Production sites to identify project opportunities and to collaborate
• Technical troubleshooting for customers in the Applications space
• Attend relevant trade shows and technical meetings
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Food Science or a related field
- Proven track record of working with Customers to delivering results across a matrixed organization.
- 8 plus years of experience leading a team in the food product development space
- Proven leadership capability
- Demonstrated ability to move projects through all phases from product conceptualization to commercialization.
- Deep experience in technical projects delivery and technology development.
- Good people skills especially when interacting with customers
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in applications, product development and technology development.
- Ability to generate unique solutions to problems and develop the associated intellectual property
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creativity and Innovation Spark
- High adaptability and capacity to work through change
- Ability to influence others outside of formal reporting relationship
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and teamwork
- Keen sense of priorities and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Master's Degree in Food Science or related field.
- Technical Bakery knowledge
- Technical Snacks and Cereal knowledge
- Technical Confectionery knowledge.
- Experience of managing Food Product development projects that are complex
- Project management experience
- Proven value creation and delivery of applications projects on time and budget
- Technical knowledge of Bakery or Snacks product development and formulation
- Experience in problem solving and managing ambiguity
- Strong Customer network in Bakery and Snacks
- Experience managing a portfolio of development projects and delivering value to the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-MN-Plymouth
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Cargill Food Innovation Center Applications Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly