Decision Support Advisor - Cargill Beef
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Decision Support Advisor - Cargill Beef-WIC03673 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Please note: Position located in Wichita, would require Cargill sponsored relocation to Wichita, KS.
Cargill Protein is a leader at delivering primary processed and value added proteins into the Foodservice, Retail and Manufacturing market channels. It operates several food processing facilities located in the US and Canada. Our customers in Foodservice are comprised of large national restaurant chain operators, contract feeding companies and both national and regional foodservice distributors. Our Retail customers are comprised of primarily large national grocery retailers and warehouse clubs. Our Manufacturing customers are comprised of large branded manufacturers of retail consumer packaged goods. The customers from these channels are attracted to working with Cargill because of our demonstrated leadership in delivering innovative products, integrity, operational excellence, food safety and risk management.
The Decision Support Advisor will have a broad view across the entire Cargill Protein Group to conduct and lead decision support activities. Decision support uses data and analysis to generate a deep understanding of business performance, enhance decision making, and drive action. This requires strong partnership with FP&A, Accounting & Finance, and key business partners. This position will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and key financial contact for their focus area. Primary accountabilities will include ad hoc management reporting, forecasts, benchmarking, and volume and margin analysis. This position must be able to multi-task and manage multiple requests at various times. Critical skills in analysis, communication of information, ability to build trust, and challenging the status quo will be vital to the success of this role. This role will also be expected to advise and coach a team of diverse analysts through cross-training and continuous learning.
50% Decision Support:
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) that provides decision support to the business and FP&A team.
• Partner with FP&A to develop analysis that leads to actionable insights to improve performance.
• Partner with the business as a key financial contact for RFP support, product/customer profitability, and variance analysis.
• Integrate new KPIs and metrics into dashboards and assist Data and BI in validating and delivering clear information.
• Create and analyze forecasts, budgets, and performance metrics that impact business plans and the S&OP process. Conduct driver analysis (volume, price, mix, and cost) and capital investment review.
• Monitor financial performance including SGA, working capital, and competitive excellence. Propose opportunities to drive improvement.
• Benchmark - understand, translate, and provide insight into business performance against competitor & industry trends. Connect the dots and drive improvement with follow-up actions.
• Assist on M&A financial modeling and analysis as requested.
25% Continuous Improvement:
• Proactively identify and implement process simplification and improvements for decision support.
• Advise Data & BI on reporting standardization projects across the business to meet the needs of A&F, FP&A, and the new Protein Group structure.
• Validate effective, accurate, and automated delivery of key reports by partnering with Data & BI.
• Learn new tools as needed to monitor business activities and aid in decision making.
• Collaborate across Cargill to create and leverage best practices
25% Finance Leadership and Ad hoc Projects:
• Facilitate Decision Support analysis across the entire Protein Group.
• Advise, lead, and develop team members through cross-training and continuous learning.
• Partner with peers in A&F and FP&A to achieve the finance strategy and strategic goals of the business.
• As the SME, proactively identify and communicate key performance trends and risks to Finance leadership.
• Participate and manage ad hoc projects as requested.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting/Finance or Business
• 8 years of relevant business analysis experience
• Proven ability to lead or coach a high-performing team
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and build trust without direct authority
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven experience managing multiple priorities on deadlines
• Self-starter with continuous improvement mindset
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Strong technical skills
• Change leader
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Other Locations United States
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Decision Support Advisor - Cargill Beef
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly