QC Lab Technologist - Gateway
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Nestle Nutrition in Eau Claire, WI has two factories which manufacture infant formula and health care nutrition products. The opportunity has arisen for a QC Lab Technologist to join our team! Our ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, be able to work in a team setting and enjoy the challenges that a 24/7 food manufacturing facility has to offer!
Provide professional support by performing and timely communicating the necessary quality tests and analyses required for product safety and quality. To conduct sampling, inspection and testing of incoming materials, in-line samples, finished product and the environment in order to assess their conformance to established quality standards. Provide support for other quality functions in order to support plant objectives.
SHIFT: 3rd shift (Sun-Thurs 10pm-6:30am; but may also work M-F as needed)
• Conduct analytical testing on in-process product including but not limited to Fat and Protein by FT-NIR spectrometry, Moisture by Oven Method, Iron by X-Ray Fluorescence, Chloride and Vitamin C by potentiometry.
Support the site by conducting:
Microbiological sampling and examinations including, but not limited to testing aseptic and terminally sterilized low-acid nutritional beverages for adherence to commercial sterility standards by pour plate streak,& pH testing.
o Physical, qualitative, and quantitative Chemical and Nutritional examinations including, but not limited to, testing fat, protein, ash, moisture, solids, minerals, trace elements, vitamins, solubility index, miscibility, state of dissolution, pH, identity analysis, viscosity, density, purity screening (foreign matter), dimensional parameters, package evaluation and other related physical and chemical characteristics.
o Sampling, inspections and audits.
• Conduct sampling, inspection, and testing in a timely manner including, but not limited to: testing pH, purity screening, organoleptic evaluation, identity testing, dimensional parameters, package evaluation. Perform release of conforming materials and WIP product.
• Prepares reviews and reports results of inspection and testing; maintain and document records in accordance with established procedures. Maintain method compliance through Statistcal Process Control and other compliance testing.
• Prepares and sends samples to other internal and external laboratories. Maintains communication between external laboratories regarding status of testing, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, sampling and maintaining plant Environmental Monitoring, maintain Foreign Material library, periodic maintenance and calibration of analytical instrumentation and equipment, ordering/stocking lab supplies, clean-up and general maintenance of Lab.
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
Throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Chemistry, Food Technology, Biology, Microbiology or other related fields)
Preferred: Previous experience in another laboratory or analytical experience is an asset
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Decision making and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and be self directed.
• Expertise in Analytical Methods
• Expertise in in-line testing and inspection
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; SAP and Microsoft Acess experience is preferred.
Apply for QC Lab Technologist - Gateway
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly