QC Lab Technologist - Microbiology
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Nestle Nutrition in Eau Claire, WI has two factories which manufacture infant formula and health care nutrition products. The opportunity has arisen for 3 QC Lab Technologists (Microbiology Lab) to join our team! Our ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, be able to work in a team setting and enjoy the challenges that a 24/7 food manufacturing facility has to offer!
Provide professional support by performing and timely communicating the necessary quality tests and analyses required for product safety and quality. Conduct Microbiological Sampling and Examinations of environmental samples, incoming materials, in-line samples, semi-finished product, and finished product in order to assess their conformance to established quality standards. Conduct sampling, inspection and audits.
SHIFT: 3rd shift (Sun-Thurs 11pm-7:30am) schedule also includes working at least one weekend a month and being part of the scheduled holiday rotation (1-2 holidays/year)
Microbiological sampling and examinations including, but not limited to testing aseptic and terminally sterilized low-acid nutritional beverages for adherence to commercial sterility standards by pour plate streak,& pHtesting Aerobic Plate Count, Enterobacteriaceae, Staphylococcusaureus & Coliforms, Escherichia coli, Bacillus cereus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus reuteri &Real Time PCR,- Enterobacteriaceae, Cronobacter & Salmonella, and other related physical and biological characteristics. Sampling for Plant Environmental Monitoring & Media preparation for use in plating methodologies. Sampling, inspection and audits.
• Prepare, review, and report results of inspections, commercial sterility and microbiological analyses; maintain and document records in accordance with established procedures. Review testing of current materials and dispositions accordingly.
• Clean-up and general maintenance of laboratory and work area
• Periodic maintenance and calibrations of analytical instrumentation and equipment
• Tracks, orders and stocks laboratory supplies
• Performs other duties as assigned
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
Throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Microbiology, Biology, Food Technology, Chemistry or other related fields)
Preferred: Previous experience in another laboratory or microbiological experience is an asset
• Expertise in Microbiological analyses
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; SAP experience is preferred
Apply for QC Lab Technologist - Microbiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly