2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Maintenance A-BRE00157 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. You can make it happen at Cargill.
Cargill Salt, a business unit of Cargill, Incorporated, is a leader in the industry, providing salt, service and solutions to the food, water conditioning, agricultural, industrial, and packaged ice control markets. Cargill Salt is currently accepting applications for Maintenance Mechanics. With a strong culture that focuses on people, this is an outstanding opportunity for qualified individuals interested in:
- A safety focused culture
- Team environment
- Competitive salary
- Incentive program
- Comprehensive benefits package
This role is responsible for maintaining, repairing and performing preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment for a salt manufacturing and packaging facility.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Maintain, repair and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) rounds on processing and packaging equipment such as baggers, palletizers, stretch wrappers, screw conveyors, bucket elevators.
- Maintain, repair, perform PM's and PdM rounds on all production equipment such as pumps, fans boilers, centrifuges, piping/valve systems, etc.
- Learn and utilize precision maintenance craft skills.
- PdM skills will be learned and utilized as needed including lubrication, ultrasonic, infrared and vibration.
Secondary accountabilities include:
- Welding skills including stick and MIG welding of carbon and stainless steel, ability to do basic fabrication.
- Set rigging.
- Read blue prints, understand task symbols, read operation manuals.
- Assist with inventory and parts as needed.
- Be physically able to perform the job duties including bending, stooping, climbing stairs and ladders, working at heights up to 100 feet, lifting, working in confined spaces, using respirators and working at high temperatures.
- Be willing and able to attend job related training and educational classes (i.e.: PM, PdM, Precision Maintenance, etc) outside of normal working hours and achieve ratings/marks which indicate satisfactory understanding of the job requirements. This may include travel overnight or multiple nights.
- Available to work any shift, demonstrate willingness to work extended hours and be available for call outs.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated positive attitude toward/interest in safety and safe work rules.
- Some evidence of maintenance experience and knowledge (industrial, military, contractor, schooling, etc).
- Able to read/write English.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Demonstrated self-initiative, ownership and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive team player.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and listen well.
As with all positions, offers of employment are conditional upon:
- Passing a pre-employment physical
- Passing a drug screen
- Passing a criminal background screen
- Verification of identity and employment eligibility
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best every day. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-LA-Breaux Bridge
Job Type Standard
Apply for Maintenance A
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly