2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Malthouse Lead-SPI00205 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The purpose of this position is to lead the malting processes of steeping, germination, and kilning through the technologies based in the control center. Their responsibilities include monitoring of all processing parameters to meet customer specification and to provide assistance and leadership to malt house production employees to ensure they operate in a safe and professional manner. In addition, they are responsible for ensuring their teams execute on operating procedures. This position is on shift 24 hours per day including holidays and weekends.
25% Monitor production parameters and equipment. Record all necessary production data as indicated by the Asst Production Manager. Adjust processing parameters for optimum malt performance.
25% Indirectly oversee the work of malt house production operators. Ensure safety compliance, communicate business updates, procedural changes, and general training. Ensure proficiency in work assignments of the team is being met and communicate progress to Asst Production Mgrs.
20% Perform process troubleshooting of equipment and help and collaborate with operators in problem solving. Communicate needs accordingly and request assistance in resolving issues to the 1st Line Production Supervisors.
20% Advise of maintenance (both electrical and mechanical) needs through requests and work orders - in collaboration with the 1st Line Production Supervisors. Ensure processing equipment available for scheduled maintenance.
10% Inspect plant areas for safety and sanitation items. Communicate needs accordingly to see that resources are assigned.
• 4 year college degree OR 2 year degree in technical field with 2 years processing experience OR 3 or more years in processing related field with demonstrated leadership skills
• Supervisory experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence people
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to make quick decisions and manage priorities in timely manner
• Problem solving/decision making skills
• Willingness and ability to manage conflict
• Industrial processing knowledge gained through experience or education
• Industrial Safety training
• Demonstrated basic mechanical aptitude
• Minimal exposure to mechanical and electrical troubleshooting
• Four year college degree or higher in technical field. (Chemical or food science preferred).
• Industrial safety training certificates.
• 2 or more years of supervisory experience
• Experience in process management particularly in the food industry.
• Brewing or malting are preferred but other processes considered as well. Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-ND-Spiritwood
Job Type Standard
Apply for Malthouse Lead
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly