Group Business Development Leader (Director)
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Group Business Development Leader (Director)-WIC03671 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Protein in North America has an exciting and career advancing opportunity for the position as the Business Development Leader for the North America Protein business. This position is a key leadership position with responsibility for identifying and pursuing long-term growth opportunities (e.g., M&A, JV partnerships) across all of our Protein businesses (e.g. Beef, Turkey, Eggs, etc.) in support of the strategy. The Business Development Leader and team will lead business development activities for Cargill Protein including identifying areas of focus aligned with the strategy, analysis and market mapping of acquisition/alliance targets, working with Corporate Strategy and Development (CSD) and Financial Performance and Analysis (FP&A) to execute deals, and managing the game board across our North American business and globally for Beef. This role will ultimately be charged with pursuing long-term opportunities to drive profitable growth for Cargill Protein.
Cargill Protein is a leader at delivering primary processed and value added proteins into the Foodservice, Retail and Protein Ingredient market channels. It operates several food processing facilities located in the US and Canada. Our customers in Foodservice are comprised of large national restaurant chain operators, contract feeding companies and both national and regional foodservice distributors. Our Retail customers are comprised of primarily large national grocery retailers and warehouse clubs. Our Ingredient customers are comprised of large branded manufacturers of retail consumer packaged goods. The customers from these channels are attracted to working with Cargill because of our demonstrated leadership in delivering innovative products, integrity, operational excellence, food safety and risk management.
This position will be a core member of the Growth Ventures and Strategic Pricing (GV&SP) Leadership Team and a cross functional strategist working with business leaders in all of the channels and across supply chains. This role will:
• Work closely with Emerging Customers and Solutions Leader to identify new business opportunities that drive growth and support the Cargill Protein Group's long term strategy.
• Lead analysis and market mapping of acquisition/alliance targets.
• Work closely with the Corporate Strategy and Development (CSD) and Financial Performance and Analysis (FP&A) organization for deal management and functional expertise.
• Be responsible for maintaining the Proteins game board with the Financial Performance and Analysis (FP&A) team.
• Work closely with the Cargill Protein Group Leadership Team (GLT) to gain buy in on proposals.
• Lead other strategic business development projects as needed.
• Lead a team of Business Development analysts.
Identify and evaluate areas of focus aligned with the strategy plus analysis and market mapping of acquisition/alliance targets with the Emerging Customers and Solutions Leader. Enter first responsibility here—change all percentages to reflect position duties
Work with Corporate Strategy and Development (CSD) and Financial Performance & Analysis (F&PA) for deal management and functional expertise.
Lead a team of Business Development analysts, and support implementation of plans to develop team and improve engagement.
Lead other business development projects as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability- Vet
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8 years of experience in Business Development and Strategic Planning
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, formulate and implement strategies and processes to significantly improve business performance and profitability
- Previous experience as a multi-functional project team leader with the ability to drive projects to closure
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous environments and utilize active inquiry skills
- Proven ability to influence at all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated effective ability to teach/coach others within and outside reporting relationships
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Demonstrated effective Commercial Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Proficient in MS Office
- Available to travel 40%
- Business fluency in English
- Deep understanding of food industry/market/sales channels
- 8 years of experience leading business development in the food industry
- Strong Proteins domain expertise
Job General Management
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Other Locations US-MN-Minneapolis
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Group Business Development Leader (Director)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly