Vendor Managed Inventory Analyst
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
An essential element of our ongoing growth, the Retail team at Nestlé Waters is the perfect place for ambitious and aspiring individuals to achieve their dreams while building fulfilling careers. Roles on the Retail team include sales and account professionals and all offer the chance to truly impact our business at our hundreds of Retail partners. Pair this with the support you need to work with confidence - and triumph in everything you do and you have a winning combination. Join this part of Nestlé Waters, and you'll be able to use your talent to have a direct and meaningful impact on our success as you deliver healthy hydration to millions of our customers. Not only that, but you'll discover your accomplishments are recognized with a range of outstanding benefits designed to help you prosper both at work and outside of work.
The Vendor Managed Inventory Analyst is responsible for ensuring key customers remain in stock on our products while maintaining the requested customer inventory levels. On behalf of the customer, the VMI analyst position serves as the buyer and is accountable from order creation through delivery. The primary focus is providing forecast and replenishment order accuracy, managing promotional orders and problem resolution. VMI analysts are expected to analyze root cause of issues impacting customers and develop creative solutions to those issues. VMI analysts are also expected to develop process improvements, up-to-and-including recommending policy and procedure changes. Systems utilized may include both third party CRP solutions as well as external customer systems. Customers currently serviced by these positions include AWG, Family Dollar, Food Lion, HEB, Kroger, McLane, Schnucks, Wakefern and Wegmans.
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Serve in the buying role on behalf of the customer
• Serve as the first point of contact for Nestle Waters customers
• Generate orders and monitor inventories on a daily basis
• Research and resolve order blocks
• Product substitution and adjustment to delivery dates
• Provide up to date product information to customers
• Payload adjustment to maximize truck utilization
• Customer promotions related to product and timing
• Short lead notification to the respective impacted plant
• Researches late or missing loads by working with regional load control centers
• Manages the input of return order requests for damages, mis-shipment, and customer refusal
Manage Service Level and Inventory Turns by Distribution Center
• Maintain or monitor forecast levels to accurately generate replenishment orders
• Maintain promotional data to build inventory for increased demand
• Ensure customer receives orders to sufficiently maintain desired service level and inventory turns
• Assist with appointments for replenishment and promotional orders when needed
• Determine avenues to relieve overstocks and explore opportunities to increase turns. Adjusts system settings as required to achieve service levels and optimal order efficiency
• Coordinate and process DTS orders if required for promotional events
• Prepare reports that highlight customers activity to include volume, service levels and inventory turns
• Present performance information and opportunities to management on a regular basis
• Reconcile daily reports to communicate inventory level exceptions as required
Linkages / Hand-offs
• Customer: Account Buyer, Category Manager, Receiving, Backhaul
• Nestle Waters: Sales Account Manager, Customer Supply Chain Manager, Planning, Transportation, Warehouse, Scheduling, Accounts Receivable, Sales Analyst, Credit Analyst, EDI, Master Data, Material Determination
• Customer in stock service level
• Customer warehouse inventory turns
• Regular system maintenance and forecast accuracy
• Ordering efficiency (smoothing, skus per order, payload)
• Internal and external customer feedback
• Open order (past due) management
Key qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum of 2 years buying/replenishment experience with a consumer products manufacturer, grocery wholesaler, or food product broker
• Availability for travel (less than 10% per year) and work beyond the regularly scheduled hours (weekend/after-hours work as required)
• Strong analytical skills & problem solving abilities
• Excellent decision-making skills
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills
• Ability to work in a team based environment
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Computer skills that include proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer and Excel
• Experience with SAP strongly preferred
• Four year college degree strongly preferred
• IBM AS400 or comparable system experience preferred
• On-call phone as required
• High speed internet access
We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Apply for Vendor Managed Inventory Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly