Distribution Center Manager
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain, Technical and Productions and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Supply Chain and you'll be part of our logistics backbone - and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Supply Chain factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful - not least is you'll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We'll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you'll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits - everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We currently have an opening for a Distribution Center Manager in our Somerset, NJ facility.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Ownership of the handling, storage and distribution of NWNA bottled water products to the end consumer.
- Oversees the warehouse to include safety, quality, continuous improvement, P & L, budgeting, inventory control, and fleet operations.
- Inventory management and Reconciliation
- Dock Scheduling to include Receiving of Imported goods
- Lead the execution of cultural changes and activities needed to support Nestle Continuous - Excellence (NCE) and the pursuit of TPM
- Coach and develop team members to successful results, including identifying training and development needs
- Determine staffing needs to meet workload requirements and manage day to day budget and forecasts
- Effectively manage warehouse utilization and resolve exceptions to daily operation
- Maintain contingency plans for time sensitive operations (unscheduled absentees, customer issues, systems malfunctions, inventory exceptions, transport equipment issues)
- Daily interaction with plant management, planning, transportation, quality and inventory control
- Interaction with peers across the company to share best practices and maintain compliance
- Confirm processes are run in accordance with SOPs and other documentation and best practices
- Ensure quality service to consumers by exceeding customer shipping requirements within the established time frame, and by communicating to internal contacts any issues that may impact customers
Key qualifications include:
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business or relevant field
- 10 years of supply chain experience, including warehouse and inventory experience with at least 5 years leading a team
- Prior experience in consumer products, food and beverage specifically, preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel PowerPoint and business management software (SAP preferred) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Proven leadership skills, coaching and developing leaders & employees
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and manage to/achieve metrics
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with frontline employees, peers, and executives
- Ability to drive positive change in both processes and systems and culture
- Strong internal and external customer focus with great follow-up
- Ability to provide afterhours support to the operation for critical issues
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?