Maintenance Lead (Day Shift)
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Maintenance Lead (Day Shift)-EMP00070 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This full time position is located in Emporia, KS. Hourly pay range: $25 - $30.
No relocation assistance is provided.
Cargill, together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones - every day. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hard working individuals like you.
This position is responsible for maintaining optimum asset health for all plant equipment, systems, and structures by performing inspections, repairs and modifications to equipment and structures of feed facility.
Other duties for the position will include but are not limited to the following tasks: the safe installation, maintenance, testing, evaluation, and repair at power distributions systems, motor control systems, automation systems, PLC's, frequency drives, and communication systems.
- Perform maintenance work in area of expertise.
- Perform preventative & routine plant maintenance.
- Manage expenses, audits, maintenance supplies, capital projects
- Maintain plant maintenance program.
- Safety - responsible for safety of themselves and teammates.
- Coordinate and supervise activities of other maintenance personnel
- Ability to work overtime on short notice
- Ability to safely and effectively operate equipment
- Ability to interpret and understand reports, safety/operating procedures & other policies and procedures and utilize equipment checklist
- Possess journeyman level knowledge and experience in installing and maintaining heavy industrial equipment including 480 volts, motor controllers, medium voltage switchgear, motors, starters, control circuits and PLC's
- Ability in reading and writing electrical schematics and ladder logic diagrams
- Ability to program and troubleshoot programmable logic controllers
- Ability to work at heights or in confined spaces
- Must be able to read/comprehend English.
- Excellent Math Skills.
- Proficient in following areas as defined by the Maintenance Exam: Mechanical Aptitude, Mechanical Repair; Welding, Electrical.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a plant job.
- High School diploma or GED
- Successful completion of accredited trade school or 3 years practical experience as an industrial electrician
- Ability to perform lubrication, servicing and minor maintenance for equipment related to the classification
- Possession of journeyman certification as an electrician is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-KS-Emporia
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Maintenance Lead (Day Shift)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly