Build Project Supervisor
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Build Project Supervisor-WES00534 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Responsible for all project management activities for complex Build projects with low to medium complexity as defined by the Build PPM complexity differentiators, including safe execution of project, project leadership, project planning, project execution, project control, and business results.
Responsible for managing the strategic development, deployment and delivery of all Build Project Management objectives requiring Functional Engineering/Technology Domain Area expertise application and oversight.
20% Project Leadership
• Provides strategic vision to the project team utilizing an extensive knowledge of Build project management practices, strategies and procedures, and must posess full technical acumen and a general knowledge of business acumen.
• Leads periodic project reviews utilizing extensive knowledge of the project delivery process for Build projects (inclusive of reviews recognized by the construction industry).
• Identifies, recommends and implements project management best practices based on extensive knowledge of project management.
• Identifies, recommends and implements capital effectiveness best practices (e.g. front end loading, team alignment, target setting, project controls, rate of change, value improving practices, leading technology, constructability, planning for startup) based on extensive knowledge of Build project management.
• Provides mentorship and coaching for team members and functional leads as appropriate.
• Champions and reinforces Cargill's behavioral based safety process and zero fatalities throughout every phase of Build projects.
• Ensures Build projects are planned and executed in compliance with laws and regulations.
• Works with and manages engineering firms across a medium number of engineering disciplines.
25% Project Planning
• Defines technical project objectives utilizing extensive knowledge of project management practices and procedures.
• Leads development of the project scope based on extensive knowledge of Build project management practices, strategies and procedures and capital effectiveness best practices.
• Prepares the plan for how the Build project is executed, monitored and controlled and works with the Project Manager to develop the Integrated Project Plan for the project.
• Partners with more senior cross-functional professionals to leverage knowledge and strategies that increase value captured throughout the Build project.
20% Project Execution
• Leads the execution of Build projects with low to medium complexity.
• Utilizes the project management framework to achieve technical project objectives of delivered safely, on time, on budget and operability results are realized for low to medium complexity Build projects
25% Project Control
• Regularly measures and monitors project progress to identify variances from the plan and make needed corrections for low to medium complexity Build projects.
• Contains and resolves technical issues within the Build project that do not require Project Sponsor or Project Manager attention.
10% Business Results
• Accountable for providing the Project Sponsor and stakeholders with a routine status of the Build project, actively communicating technical issues and threats, and ensuring that leadership alignment is a priority.
• Works with business to ensure project is successfully implemented and technical benefits and value are captured for low to medium complexity Build projects.
• Ensures the Build project meets the operability requirements laid out in the project objectives by the business.
• Accountable for achieving strategic and tactical metrics from internal and external benchmarking; indices may include Safety Fatalities, Operability Index, Cost Index, Schedule Index, etc.
• Ensures successful completion and closure of all technical aspects of the Build project.
Any other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree ( 16 years) in Engineering OR any related field
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with the Portfolio and Project Management process for low and medium rigor Build projects, including PPM and Build deliverables
• Demonstrated experience working with Cargill's technical subject matter experts and cross-function experts to design and build a project that is the Best (safer, cost effective, faster, operable & maintainable)
• Demonstrated experience applying project controls principles throughout a project (work breakdown structure, cost estimating methods & validation, project execution planning, and cost & schedule control during execution)
• Demonstrated experience working with Environmental, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs experts to plan and execute the project to comply with the laws of the country for the project
• Proven ability to champion Cargill's behavioral based safety process and zero fatalities
• Demonstrated experience effectively facilitating communication between multiple groups and building productive teams to achieve project objectives
• Demonstrated experience managing an engineering firm and integrating activities with Cargill functions in alignment with project requirements
• Demonstrated experience working with Strategic Sourcing to leverage Cargill's global strategies and supplier relationships when evaluating major sourcing decisions, develop a procurement management plan, negotiate and evaluate bids using multiple criteria such as Total Cost of Ownership and properly administer procurement and construction agreements used to procure goods and services
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with contingency policies and procedures, managing contingency usage and job accounting systems and tracking, forecasting, taking appropriate actions to correct deviations from budget & reporting costs throughout a project
• Demonstrated experience applying best practices (document management, construction management techniques & strategies, risk analysis techniques & control methods, quality assurance & inspections)
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience managing documents in accordance to Cargill's guidelines, policies and procedures for Records & Information Management, Intellectual Property, Corporate Audit and Corporate Financial Reporting
• Demonstrated experience applying Change Management principles and tools in a project (for example communication planning, stakeholder management, RASCI)
• Demonstrated experience mentoring and coaching team members
• High self-initiative, setting own goals and execution
• Demonstrated high levels of organization, written and verbal communication, and documentation skills
• Motivation and ability to execute projects/tasks in a timely manner, Strong prioritization and time management skills
• Strategic thinking and problem solving
• 5 years of project construction experience
• Abillity to travel up to 25%
Current role will be regional between 3 locations: Reserve, Westwego, and Houston. Majority of the work will be working on these terminals projects, but other locations in North America could be assigned depending on capital allocation. Some travel will be required between Reserve and Westwego with occasional trips to Houston and other North America lcoations; 25% travel.
• Lead Project Definition Rating Index review, participated in Independent Project Analysis review
• Completed Cargill's Construction Project Management course, Build Project Manager Academy courses or relevant previous project experience
• Trained Project Workshop Facilitator
• Strong influencing skills, ability to work across the organization and with multiple functions
• Demonstrated skills at managing and leading in complex and ambiguous situations
• Demonstrated experience continuously enhancing the quality of the project management processes and coaching the team on implementing effective quality management practices
• Recognized achievements and contributions to Cargill in their area of expertise
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-LA-Westwego
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Build Project Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly