Sr Project Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sr Project Manager-HOP04190 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Project Manager will manage data and technology projects within the Functions area.
This includes projects with high cost and risk, including project leadership, project planning, project execution, project control, and business results.
Candidates for this position are expected to have experience managing projects with $1 - $5 million - total spend.
This role demands a strong leader who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization globally.
The project manager role is an empowered leader who must drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems.
The Project Manager has the primary responsibility to partner with our business, to ensure that the project produces the desired business benefits and value, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
This role demands someone who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization.
The Project Manager will manage the projects work plan (tasks, milestones, & dependencies) and resource needs within and across teams.
Communicate and coach process teams on the usage of PMO processes and tools.
Identify and qualify project risks, issues and scope changes and assist in their tracking using PMO tools and defined processes.Additional accountabilities include:
• Ensuring continuous improvement and communication of PMO practices, process and tools across Solution Delivery.• Monitoring for results and execution against work plans.
• Establish, maintain, enhance and champion project management methodology, standards, and procedures for assigned team based on PMO direction.Principal Accountabilities: 30% Project Leadership:
• Provides strategic vision to the project team utilizing expert knowledge of project management and thorough business/technical acumen.
• Leads periodic project reviews utilizing expert knowledge of the project delivery process.• Builds and leads project teams to achieve organizational goals.
• Identifies, recommends and implements project management best practices based on expert knowledge of project management.
• Provides mentorship, coaching and development for team members and functional leads as appropriate.20% Project Planning:
• Defines project objectives and scope utilizing expert knowledge of project management practices and procedures.
• Accountable for development of the Integrated Project Plan for each project within the project.20% Project Execution: • Leads the execution of projects with high cost and risk.
• Utilizes the project management framework to achieve project objectives of delivered on time, on budget and business results are realized for high cost and risk projects.15% Project Control:
• Regularly measures and monitors project progress to identify variances from the plan and make needed corrections for high cost and risk projects.15% Business Results: • Accountable for delivering projects
• Accountable for providing the Project Sponsor and stakeholders with a routine status of the project, actively communicating issues and threats, and ensuring that leadership alignment is a priority.
• Works with business to ensure product is successfully implemented and benefits and value are captured for high cost and risk projects.• Ensures successful completion of all projects including closure of all aspects. • Recognize and celebrate success.
• Capture lessons learned.
• Bachelor's Degree in IT or Related field or equivalent work experience.
• 8 years minimum PM with experience with managing projects with budget of $1 - $5 million spend Demonstrated leadership in project management processes.
• In-depth knowledge of Project Management methodology, PM tools and Processes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.• Strategic thinking/problem solving. • Proven team leadership/coaching/mentoring. • Comfortable with ambiguity, active inquiry skills. • Relationship building at all levels and cross-function/platform. • Negotiation, facilitation, stakeholder management. • Cost/quality/schedule controls. Preferred Qualifications: • Master's Degree.
• PMP Certification.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Sr Project Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly