2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Project Manager-HOP04191 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Project Manager is responsible for project management activities across low to medium rigor projects.
This includes project leadership, project planning, project execution, project control, and business results.
The Project Manager will manage process, data and technology projects within the region.
The Project Manager will work with Cargill BUs and Functions to deliver projects to to enable business strategy execution.
The position demands a leader who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization.
The position is accountable to understand the project objectives and demonstrate project leadership to bring about the desired business benefits and value as defined in the business case.
This role will ensure consistent project management processes & tools are applied according to the rigor of the project.Directional Guidance:Full Rigor Projects = Projects > $1 million spend OR High Risk/complexityMedium Rigor Projects= $500K to $1 million, OR Medium Risk/ComplexityLow Rigor Projects = Up to $500KPrincipal Accountabilities:30% Project Execution• Lead the execution of projects with low to medium cost and risk.
• Utilize the project management framework to achieve project objectives of delivered on time, on budget and realization of business results.• Manage project risks and issues.• Develop contingency plans when necessary.20% Project Planning
• Define project objectives and scope, utilizing a thorough knowledge of project management practices and procedures.• Develop the integrated project plan for projects.20% Project Leadership
• Provide strategic vision to the project team, utilizing general knowledge of portfolio management, and basic business/technical acumen.
• Lead periodic project reviews utilizing a full knowledge of the project delivery process.• Identify, recommend, and implement best practices in project management. • Provide mentoring and coaching to project team members as appropriate.• Recognize and celebrate project success.15% Project Control
• Regularly measure and monitors project progress to identify variances from the plan and make needed corrections.
• Contain and resolve issues within the project that do not require project sponsor attention.
• Escalate risks and issues as and when necessary to appropriate responsible persons.• Follow up for resolution.15% Business Results• Communicate effectively with project sponsors and stakeholders on project status.
• Work with the business to ensure the solution is successfully implemented and that the promised benefits and value are captured.
• Ensure successful completion of all project phases and closure of all aspects of project.
• Capture lessons learned.
• University degree in Business, IT or equivalent experience. • 3 or more years' experience managing or working in small projects. • Knowledge of Project Management methodology. • Skilled using Microsoft Office Professional (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Experience creating, modifying, monitoring, and entering status in project work plans.
• Excellent organization skills - excels at meeting preparation, facilitation, note-taking/documentation, action item follow-up.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.• Able to hold people accountable. • Negotiation, facilitation, stakeholder management.
• Strong customer service and the ability to quickly build relationships at all levels and cross-functional/platform.
• Comfortable with ambiguity, changing priorities, and tight time-frames to complete work.• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to learn our business, be a team player and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.• Strong problem solving/decision-making skills. Preferred Qualifications:
• Microsoft Project Experience.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Project Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly