Global Finance Communication Specialist
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Global Finance Communication Specialist-WAY05716 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Position Purpose & Summary
The Global Finance Communications Specialist is responsible for shaping and executing communication strategies that are aligned with the strategic goals of Cargill's Global Finance Function.
This role will support both global communications priorities as well as support the communication needs of the largest segment of finance employees in accounting, finance and controls. Responsibilities include advising and assisting accounting, finance and controls leadership on effective use of communication tools and channels to enhance leadership effectiveness and create clarity through communication.
Collaboration with Finance Finance Change and Education leads will be required to support change communication needs of Global Finance priorities.
This professional will have the opportunity to work with various stakeholders of the Finance Job Family and the broader corporation, enterprises and functions. This person will also be accountable for the development, maintenance and measurement of key Global Finance Communications vehicles.
30% Communications Strategy Development:
• Participate in the development and enhancement of the function's communication strategy.
• Develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy and approach to support the goals of Accounting, Finance and Controls leadership.
• Advise and counsel finance leadership on effective use of communication tools and channels to enhance leadership effectiveness and create clarity through communication.
• Build communication strategies to support the protection and enhancement of Cargill's reputation, support Cargill's business goals and increasing employee engagement.
40% Execute on Communications Strategy:
• Design and develop content to achieve communication objectives, with a focus on how the Finance Job Family supports and aligns with other initiatives across Cargill.
• Manage the delivery of communications to key audiences and stakeholders across Cargill, working in close partnership with corporate communications and Finance leadership.
• Develop communication tools & templates that enable key function and business stakeholders to communicate effectively.
• Coordinate global communication distribution from the CFO and members of the CFO LT in partnership with the Global Finance Communications Lead
• Collaborate with Finance leadership and key subject matter experts to manage the creation and approval process for communications.
20% Channel Management
• Partner with Finance Communications team, IT and other internal functions to establish, maintain and improve communication channels for the function. Channels include but are not limited to email (ExactTarget), video (BrightCove and Office 365), social media (Yammer) and internal web sites (SharePoint).
• Develop plan to enhance measurement of Finance comuniations and drive continuous improvement based on feedback.
• All other duties as required.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, English or related field
• 5 years as a communications professional or relevant experience in leading communications efforts
• Excellent written and oral communication skills - clear, concise, creative, and persuasive
• Experience building a strategic communications plan, executing and measuring success
• Ability to deal well with competing priorities and high levels of ambiguity in a rapidly changing communications environment
• Ability to integrate diverse activities into a clear, compelling framework that helps stakeholders understand how discrete actions support Cargill's broader strategic agenda
• Understanding of change management and change communications techniques and practices
• Experience in counseling senior executives and the ability to influence senior management
• Project management skills and the ability to track and coordinate competing priorities and work streams across a complex, global initiative
• Excellent grammar with solid knowledge of AP style
• Strong collaborative skills working across diverse groups, including the ability to source and manage communication vendors internationally
• Familiarity with important tools and technical skills that will underpin success in this role, including measurement tools and strategies, website development and maintenance, and social media tools
• Familiarity working within a global team or environment
• Familiarity with SharePoint 2013 for digital communications
• User experience and information architecture familiarity and skills to maintain and update website
• Comfortable with networking and building relationships
• Basic understanding of financial terms, processes and practicesEqual Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Global Finance Communication Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly