Food Safety Quality & Regulatory Superintendent A (QA)
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Food Safety Quality & Regulatory Superintendent A (QA)-MAR00507 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The FSQR Superintendent will be responsible for writing, revising, maintaining, implementing, auditing, and scoring of plant HACCP food safety systems and other regulatory programs. The FSQR Superintendent is also responsible for the training and development of the FSQR Technicians. Further responsibilities will include direct responsibility or support for; employee safety, facility auditing (Customer and Cargill), production support, employee engagement, departmental cost control (budgeting), manage hourly staff, customer communication and quality program management. This position is also a liaison between USDA/CFIA inspection at the plant
35%- Ensure compliance of regulations/policies - assumes accountability for all Food Safety and Regulatory compliance, direction and activities throughout the facility, analyzes and interprets FSQR policies, regulations, customer and supplier standards, directs implementation of Food safety and regulatory policies, act as liaison with FSIS and collaborate with FSQR counterparts in other Cargill businesses. Develops policies and practices to comply with the above including implementation, training, auditing for compliance and correction if needed. Lead in plant BRC process and audits as well as Cargill and other 3rd party audits.
20%- Food Safety/action reporting including: incident investigations, C/A's, preventive measures and audit responses. Coordinate and lead all audits and traceability exercises.
10%- Develop and implement strategies for training plant personnel in Food Safety and regulatory programs.
15%- Perform prevention activities and issue resolution.
10%- Management of 3rd party sanitation and pest control contractors as well as overall plant sanitation processes.
5%- Management of small in plant laboratory performing organoleptic shelf life as well as basic chemistry and microbiological testing.
5%- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
5% travel required:
- High School Degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of laboratory, SPC and plant processes. Knowledge of USDA/CFIA government standards in food safety.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, technical report writing, basic computer skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with quality management systems such as ISO, BRC or SQF, or similar internationally recognized processes.
- Demonstrated familiarity with HACCP and food safety design, implementation and auditing practices.
- Demonstrated regulatory knowledge of FSIS regulations with specific emphasis on HACCP, SSOP, GMPs, and labeling
- Applied experience in auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and manage risks/compliance.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations; manufacturing plant experience
- Ability to develop a structured, disciplined approach to planning, administering and completing projects successfully.
- Some travel required: 1-2 times per year
- Must have the capacity to learn key supervisory skills
- Bachelor degree in related Science Field
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- 3 years experience in Techinical Services, ie: Quality, Food Safety, Auditing, etc.
- Working knowledge of laboratory, SPC and plant processes. Strong understanding of USDA/CFIA government standards in food safety.
- Product and process formulation experience
- Quality Control laboratory experience with basic analytical methodology
- Packaged Food Service or Retail product experience
- Development experience in food safety systems including implementation
- Basic understanding of Meat production, and food processing with preference toward fresh retail processing
- Understanding of food and agricultural products quality control principles, and food regulatory requirements
- Capability in providing insightful observations for improvements
- Ability to stand-alone and deal with ambiguity
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-MO-Marshall
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Food Safety Quality & Regulatory Superintendent A (QA)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly