QA Tech Services Supervisor
QA Tech Services Supervisor-FRE01774 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionThis position is responsible for assuring implementation of company programs. Responsible for managing hourly Technical Services employees. Ensure all food safety regulatory programs are implemented properly. This includes HACCP, SSOP, Animal Welfare, HIMP and Slaughter Food Safety, BRC, Claims Investigation and Quality Programs.
- 35%- Manage internal/external product and manufacturing specifications, data collection, reporting, communication, interpretation, corrective action, accuracy and timeliness
- 10%- Selection, training, performance management, labor cost management (hours), staffing levels (coverage)
- 25%- Manage “Good Hygiene Principles”, air, sanitation, personal hygiene, pest control, chemical/packaging maintenance, transportation, labeling, environmental temperatures and rework
- 10%- Handle pre-operational sanitation procedures and practices.
- 20%- Supervise compliance of work area to regulatory standards. Maintain thorough knowledge of guidelines and procedures, record keeping, write/monitor plan-specific programs, and maintain relationship with USDA/CFIA inspectors.
- High School Diploma
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a food manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of food safety systems and a quality background is preferred.
- Requires basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Bachelors of Science in related science field or equivalent experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-CA-Fresno
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job