Route Operations Leadership (Unit Leader)
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé.
Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Route Operations Leadership (Unit Leader)
The Route Operations Leadership role provides coaching, development and leadership to front-line Route Sales employees, as assigned to his or her team or area of service (branches). Roles that report to the Route Sales/Operations Leader include Route Sales Representative (RSR), Direct Sales Delivery RSR, Route Training Mentors and Route Relief Specialists.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Organizing and leading morning team meetings to motivate teams to execute a method of operation that meets our high delivery service standards and puts emphasis on customer satisfaction
· Managing a group of 12-18 direct reports (in remote locations span may be less and responsibilities broader in nature)
· Provides daily leadership and coaching to motivate and engage Route Sales Delivery Drivers (RSR's), Drinking Water Systems Technician, Coffee RSR, Direct Sales Delivery RSR's, Route Trainers and Route Relief Specialists
· Provides training & development, skill building, and support/motivation activities to assigned team and individual direct reports (conducting morning huddles, work-with observations, and learning sessions) to develop a high-performing teams that consistently achieve our customer service, sales, and product distribution goals (profitability targets)
· Ensuring ongoing execution of daily customer service commitments and ensures customer satisfaction to care for recovery when delivery problems arise
· Enforces and teaches direct reports about Nestle Waters safety standards and drives accountability for safe delivery and driving behaviors
· Establishes the expectations for individual and team performance by hosting performance review sessions, manages score-card performance discussions for upselling goal achievement, and demonstrating adherence to company policies and procedures
· Provides support, participation, and personal leadership in achieving market goals, sales targets through team scorecard achievement, and executing initiatives as prescribed and ensures strategic company focuses are shared
· Demonstrates commitment to talent management and staffing by participating in candidate interviews, hiring calibration sessions, and onboarding of new team member additions
•Alignment and commitment to NWNA's Aspirations & Beliefs (core values)
•Capacity, confidence and influence in leading individual & team goal attainment
•Previous internal experience to include Route Sales and leadership roles
•External experience in front-line leadership, sales, or route sales roles
•Previous direct sales (B2B) is desired, capability to teach selling skills is required
•Written & verbal communication skills, ability to set clear expectations with direct reports
•Ability to create accountability in direct reports, through quantitative and qualitative goal attainment
•Able to provide training & development to direct reports, coach performance
•Competent in Performance Feedback processes (verbal/written documentation) & delivery
•Ability to analyze data to evaluate and coach team members towards performance improvement
•Capacity to organize workflow, define activities and meet commitments
•Passion to coach direct reports via daily interaction and work-with's on-route (target 3 per week)
•Team player, collaborative leader, and problem solver
•Possesses exceptional work ethic, energy, and drive
•High school required, college degree preferred
This is a tremendous opportunity with a world-class organization! We offer competitive pay, car allowance, annual bonus in addition to comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more!