Regional Export Executive Europe
Main Purposes of the Job
Maverick Drinks is a rapidly growing distribution agency representing a large number of exceptional craft and boutique spirits produced both in the UK, and abroad. Our mission is to drive change in the spirits industry by reducing our customers’ reliance on mainstream brands. We help our customers to deliver better experiences and higher margins by giving consumers access to a higher quality product.
You will be responsible for engaging and driving our current European distribution network, as well as identifying new commercial opportunities within the region. Through building and developing commercial relationships of the highest level and harnessing your entrepreneurial spirit, you will drive the distribution and growth of the Maverick Drinks brand portfolio within our European export markets. You will leverage your high-level spirits knowledge and world leading on-trade experience to assist and guide our partners with the promotion and development of the craft spirits category proposition. You will act as an expert in your field, for the trade, bringing customers on the craft spirits journey.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
This role is a challenging blend of high level interpersonal skills and commercial acumen. Your core role requires you to work cross cultural and have the ability to be empathetic to the many different styles of business way of working that you will encounter on the European continent.
Your personal energy and charisma are key components to building business relationships based on trust as well as inspiring distributors, key commercial partners and customers to want to be part of the Maverick story.
Inversely there is a heavy commercial element to this role that will demand your ability to keep focus on delivering the commercial goals of the European business unit.
● You will maintain core European distribution partners while developing joint business plans in order to deliver against the budgeted growth targets for your region.
● You will manage the full commercial picture from accurate forecasting to A&P investment, and will ensure that all marketing activity drives a positive return on investment.
● As an expert on the craft spirits category and consumer you will share category trends and insights to facilitate decision making and product ranging, leading to a greater presence for our brands.
● Your primary focus is to drive distribution, visibility and rate of sale of the Ableforth’s range, and subsequently leveraging these listings to further establish distribution of the wider Maverick Drinks portfolio.
● You will carry the responsibility to deliver liquid, brand and category training to embed our brands and drive value for the customer.
● Attending channel trade shows and industry specific events, you will broaden your network and influence across the potential customer base to create ongoing opportunities for the business.
● Liaising with the logistics team you will ensure product availability and accessibility across your markets.
● A proven track record working at the leading edge of craft spirits sales development or service
● Highly developed interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working successfully in foreign markets.
● You will be confident in talking about category, trends and cocktails.
● A strong understanding of the value of the commercial value of the craft spirits category and the ability to translate that understanding into commercial understanding for our distribution partners.
● Strong commercial acumen and numeracy skills with the ability to identify value growth in all areas of the customer.
● Experience in educating and leading customers in a conversation about craft spirits and their relevance to their consumer experience.
● A strong sense of team mateship and thinking of others before self.
● You will possess a strong sense of purpose, be proactive and capable of working autonomously.
● You will think outside the box and be able to challenge the status quo within the channel; be maverick.
● This role is based on the continent and you will be required to work from home, however occasionally it will require international travel and weekend work.
● Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification - Higher Level.
Apply for Regional Export Executive Europe
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly