AEI Specialist (Automation Controller)
AEI Specialist (Automation Controller)-NAS00059 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Support for IT as well as electrical and automation support within the facility
The AEI Specialist or Automation Controller is responsible for the execution of automation solutions in support of projects primarily at the local site, but can also at times be utilized at other sites and will work as part of a centrally focused team implementing projects based on corporate defined best practice standards and guidelines. Provide design expertise in the areas of automation, electrical and instrumentation for projects based on current best practices using approved components and standards. Must be fluent in at least two of the functional areas of control: Automation, Electrical or Instrumentation. Provide expertise and/or support for internal and external resources during the execution of projects.
· Provide troubleshooting expertise in the areas of automation, electrical and instrumentation in support of the plant.
· To learn the facility functions (both the processes and the service groups). To continuously gain knowledge and experience in automation, electrical and instrumentation.
· Investigate, design, write and complete projects that will improve productivity or process reliability.
· Provide programming and configuration expertise to support projects.
· Management of troubleshooting tools and documentation.
· Participate in Root Cause Analysis efforts and solutions.
Execution and troubleshooting of automation solutions used for controlling plant process. Will involve design and configuration of control systems and oversight of electrical and instrumentation functions related to projects. Will be required to obtain knowledge of plant processes. Provide training for completed projects.
25% Design and Implement control strategies based on current best practice standards and approved components. Work with fix/support team to identify areas in need of improvement and reliability.
25% Manage the facility technology assets, technology governance, risk & controls (new purchases, exchanges, and disposals, LAN, WAN, Phone Systems, Security, Badge Access, Cameras) Be the onsite coordinator & hands-on support for corporate IT teams. Inform facility personnel of I/T related issues that will have a direct impact on the facility. This includes coordination of upgrades, installs, downtimes, I/T visits, etc. Build awareness of information protection and appropriate controls.
5% Training and development courses by HR, vendors and outside consultants.
Will require working in food processing facility environment.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical OR Associate's Technical degree plus minimum 3 years AEI experience OR minimum 5 years AEI experience in lieu of degree.
· In addition to the above, minimum 2 years of AEI experience.
· Must have an understanding of continuous and batch process control strategies.
· Must obtain a working understanding of the plant process.
· Must be able to configure and program a variety of control systems including DCS, PLC and HMI systems.
· Knowledge of programming languages.
· Must be able to update and troubleshoot a range of electrical or instrumentation systems.
· Ability to read and update electrical schematics.
· Design and implementation knowledge of plant digital business technologies.
· Good communications and organizational skills.
· Work well in a team or individual environment and be a self-starter.
· Minimum 10 years of AEI experience.
· Knowledge of reliability centered maintenance, planning and scheduling.
· Automation, Electrical, and / or Instrumentation experience. Emerson AMS & DeltaV programs/AB.
· Knowledge of predictive technologies (MCE, vibration, infrared, ultrasound, machinery lubrication).
· Experience with IQF or Chub equipment and processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-TN-Nashville
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job