2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Administrative Assistant-EDD01099 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Position Purpose & Summary
The Administrative Assistant position is responsible for providing administrative support for a Segment, Function(s) or Site Team within a large Business Unit (BU), may include travel coordination, expense reports, email review and organization. Provides assistance with daily workflow and general administrative support including typing correspondence, assembling presentations, meeting preparation and note taking for various team meeting as well as assist with site visits and events. Must be professional with the ability to interact6 well within all levels of the organization.
Communication, calendar, meeting coordination and support:
• General office assistance with the daily workflow
• General administrative support in the areas of word processing, presentation preparation, creation and maintenance of worksheets, mailings, file management, and sending and receiving of samples from customers.
• Monthly and annual employee information reporting.
• Review, prioritize and determine actions for incoming correspondence and calls.
• Indenpendently research and assist in resolving confidential requests and deal with time sensitive matters.
• Create and/or proofread correspondence to distribute internally and externally, including coordinate graphics and copying.
• Coordinate and arrange conference calls and meetings, including food and beverage orders.
• Prepare meeting agenda, assemble and distribute necessary materials.
• Provide website updates as well as arrange for audio visual meeting support. Ability to troubleshoot and train others while maximizing technology capabilities.
Work with our global data warehouse, AS400 and/or SAP, to record, enter and store data as well as perform some basic record keeping/accounting functions.
Maintain and order office supplies and track offsite storage, complete special projects and assume responsibility for the development, administration and promotion of specific projects as required.
Determine methods and procedures to efficiently improve work processes.
Provide back-up support for other Administrative Assistants as needed and any other duties as assigned, such as, greeting guests and assisting with mailroom activities.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• High School Diploma/GED
• Minimum 1 yea of administrative or office experience in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to work extended hours as needed.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Experience working with employees at all levels of the organization, including external customers and guests.
• High degree of professionalism.
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Microsoft Office Suite experience with proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills with ability to execute.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written within all levels of the organization.
• Associate's Degree
• Administrative experience working in an industrial plant of food manufacturing environment.
• High level of self-motivation and decision making ability.
• Ability to network and collaborate well with others to drive results.
• Accurate and proficient typing and data entry skills.
• Self-starter who works independently with minimal supervision.
• Team player and willingness to help others.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Administrative/Support Services
Primary Location US-IA-Eddyville
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Administrative Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly