3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Production Superintendent-HER00387 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Superintendent will lead activities in the Hersey, Michigan facility to safely maximize plant capabilities and minimize production costs with a safety and customer-focused culture. This includes personnel management and leadership, budgeting, capital expenditures, operations and maintenance. The incumbent will manage groups of people including exempt production supervisors.
30% Development and supervision of direct and indirect reports (coaching, PMP's, Engagement). Consistently working with peers in establishing consistent personnel policies and plant practices which will lead to engaged employees.
10% Develop strategies for operations of assigned area to include technical optimization of processes. Involves working with applicable BU process teams and functions. Lead/Manage/implement process improvements.
20% Establish implement and maintain area capital and operating budgets
20% Oversee product and service quality to ensure total customer satisfaction. Interface with customers on plant visits and audits.
20% Champion and administer Environmental, Health and Safety systems and processes
• Limited travel
• Light Work: Applying up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a small amount of force constantly to move objects. If use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
• Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Finger dexterity, Grasping, Feeling, Talking
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years operations experience
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
• Strong collaboration skills, ability to work effectively within a process centered/multi-functional organization and handle multiple tasks
• Demonstrated strong working knowledge in Food Safety, OSHA and Environmental regulations
• Demonstrated ability to train, develop and support employees
• Demonstrated team building, leadership and conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills in the areas of customer focus, innovation and achieving business results
• Capital Project management experience
• Effective Interpersonal communications
• Computer software - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
• 10 years of experience in engineering or operations
• Demonstrated ability to develop local business plans, measures, and objectives based on overall goals and objectives.
• 10-hour OSHA training
• Informance, MXES, and I-Fix software
• Knowledge of reliability and maintenance
• Energy knowledgeEqual Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MI-Hersey
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Production Superintendent
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly