Financial Analyst (Expense Reporting)
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world-class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world's largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
This position gathers and interprets financial information effectively and forms data into meaningful and concise analyses while considering a broad range of interdependent issues. Identifies areas for change and makes recommendations while managing multiple demands and competing priorities.
At this level the analyst continues to develop his/her financial and technical skills, and interacts with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. The analyst exercises good judgment, stays focused on results, and ensures the integrity of financial reporting in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• This position is responsible for being the key finance lead for PFME and coupon management for a division. Responsibilities include leading the planning, management and administration of Product Fixed Marketing Expense (PFME) and Consumer Price Reductions (Coupons), as well as ensuring accurate and timely P&L recognition, providing B/S oversight, and overall analysis on financial impact. It will include significant cross functional partnership with divisional and corporate Marketing teams, Procurement, LGO, and other corporate Finance groups. It will include maintenance of budget data and procurement data in SAP.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY OUTPUTS
• Lead annual divisional PFME budget planning including working with finance and marketing leadership to gaining alignment on budget breakouts. Work with marketing teams to manage timeline to define campaigns including , brand and product hierarchy allocation, and spend type assignment of funds for accurate P&L recognition.
• Maintain PFME budget tracking including monthly PFME budget changes impacting DF forecast and full year estimate, historical figures for trending and analysis, shifts between PFME and other P&L lines, and coupon redemptions. Lead monthly PFME budget review and reconciliation meetings with all Marketing budget owners, including a review of overall budget strategy, campaigns and spend details. Provide guidance to Marketing budget owners on spend calendarization, monthly review of PO and coupon redemption accruals.
• Review Coupon Redemption budgets and trends with marketing and adjust budgets accordingly. Ensure all coupons are accurately reflected in coupon reports for historical trending analysis and redemption accrual adjustments. Proactively manage the mapping of offer codes based on established guidelines, including the resolution of monthly mapping and billing issues. Oversee accurate reflection of coupon redemptions via regular and detailed reviews of coupon reports, communicating any changes to coupon code offers to the coupon clearing house.
• Prepare Monthly Forecasting for PFME and Coupon spend for the division. Ensure alignment and communication across divisional Finance including updates as part of the divisional MBP process. Updates to division will include reporting on variances, budget risks and opportunities, timing and calendarization of spend, and year-to-go available PFME and Coupon funds.
• Responsible for execution of budget in SAP and coordinating approval with division finance. Responsible for updating budgets in SAP throughout the year to reflect shifts in budgets and close of budgets at year-end.
• Manage annual budget close including management of year end risks and opportunities and communication to marketing of timelines.
• Manage the procurement process in SAP, from creation of Purchase Requisitions to payment of invoice. Act as the key contact for marketing for inquiries about the PFME procurement process.
• Train and on board new Marketing budget owners including overview of PFME budget management and procurement roles and responsibilities. Review key PFME budget tracking reports for POs, media, coupons, etc., coupon overview including set-up, forecasting, and redemption tracking.
• Ensure compliance with Nestlé Accounting Standards, Advertising and Promotion guidelines and best practices. Act as key point of contact for PFME and CPR audit reviews.
• Ensure accurate PFME P&L recognition timing including, and preparation of necessary journal entries.
• Drive process improvementand best practices for vendor relations and Marketing activities. Identify opportunities to gain alignment and efficiencies across the division.
• Other PFME and Coupon projects and reporting across our Nestlé US businesses. Cross divisional reporting related to PFME Budget reporting, allocation models, forecasting models, trend analysis, spend type reporting. Process improvement projects across divisions related to PFME procurement, coupon processing, and Period End Close. Process improvement projects will involve working with procurement, divisional co-pilots, functional finance teams, and marketing.
BASIC / ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
• BA/BS with major or minor in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with coursework up to and including intermediate accounting.
• 3 years experience in Accounting/Finance, with preferred Finance and Marketing emphasis.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Build relationships at various levels and influence decisions
• Solve problems; synthesize information from disparate sources to deliver comprehensive and actionable analysis.
• Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
• Commit to the first-time quality and accuracy in all work
• Manage/organize time, information and resources effectively in order to meet deadlines and respond to requests on a timely basis; multi-task
• Solve problems independently when appropriate
• Clearly and effectively communicate with others in written and verbal form
• Be service oriented, attentive to detail and committed to achieve customer / company goals
• Work effectively within a team environment
• Negotiation skills
• Apply good judgment and professional integrity in decision-making
• Hands-on knowledge of financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and footnotes thereto
• Hands-on knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or International Accounting Standards (IAS) assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. economic equity, going concern, monetary unit, periodic reporting, historical cost, revenue recognition, matching, full disclosure, cost-benefit relationship, materiality, and conservatism)
• Working knowledge of financial concepts & principles including cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, Economic Profit, etc.
• Knowledge of the principles of cost accounting and activity-based costing, which required
• Proven ability to perform balance sheet & profit/loss account reconciliations & analysis
• Demonstrated ability to comply with policies & procedures
• Ability to perform analyses of variance between actual costs and budgeted/planned costs
• Basic financial modelling skills
• Computer skills: MS Windows, including intermediate Excel and Word, and basic PowerPoint and Access; SAP (or the equivalent) experience
SPECIALIZATION / EXPERTISE
• CPA, CMA, CFM, CBF preferred
• Food industry experience preferred
• Willingness to relocate for career advancement
Apply for Financial Analyst (Expense Reporting)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly