2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Food Scientist-WIC03668 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
In this role, the Food Scientist will work either alongside other scientists or independently to plan and execute research to support Cargill Protein's business strategy for Customer Focused Innovation work across the retail, food service, and protein ingredient channels. The focus of these projects will be on insight driven new product development and product/ process improvement to align with our customer's needs. As needed, the scientist may be called upon to work with customers in a technical sales capacity. This individual will work closely with Business Management, Operations, Marketing, Sales, Consumer Insights, and Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) personnel throughout the development cycle to create and implement new products and processes.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise and project leadership to: 1) New product development for product line growth, 2) Process development for the creation of new capabilities, new packaging technologies and/or labor expense reduction efforts, 3) Creation, perfection, and defense of new and existing IP, 4) Involvement in business project review teams.
55% Research and develop innovative customer focused new products, services, and solutions that deliver commercially viable new products.
30% Provide technical leadership in product and process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
10% Build business unit, CAP platform and Cargill Corporate collaboration and product technical expertise to team members.
5% Build, maintain and defend IP portfolio
- Travel - Yes - Routine - 15-30%
- A bachelor's of science degree or equivalent experience in food/meat science, food safety or food processing is necessary. A Masters, PhD or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in new product development, commercialization of new products, and/or research. Previous experience in retail and/or food service, operations, and/or management is highly preferred.
- Highly motivated individual with a strong background in scientific procedure and project management skills are required. Data analysis, experimental design, and technical writing and effective vocal communication skills are also required.
- This position requires a high level of proficiency using Microsoft Office and email. Previous experience with statistical software is highly preferred.
- MS or PhD in meat Science or other Ag related degrees
- Experience in Sales or Marketing
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Food Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly