Harvest General Foreman Trainee
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Harvest General Foreman Trainee-DOD01292 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is responsible for day-to-day supervision of operations including engagement, production, safety, environmental, costs and quality. Position requires additional on the job training to learn the role of plant superintendent. May be required to fill in for the shift superintendent in his/her absence. Must be willing to work any shift as a General Foreman and Plant Superintendent.
• 25% - Day-to-day supervision, engagement and development of department employees (developing relationships, coaching, training, etc.)
• 35% - Review, monitor and follow-up on area results. This includes managing department costs to remain within budget guidelines.
• 10% - Process optimization.
• 20% - Maintain customer relations by ensuring product quality specifications are met. Interface with customers on plant visits and audits.
• 5% - Manage and ensure compliance and improvement in the area of safety, food safety, and environmental.
• 5% - Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
• 3 years of Supervisory Operations Experience
• Ability to coach and maintain maximum results in areas of Safety, Food Safety, Quality, Efficiencies and Yields
• Knowledge of all applicable OSHA, USDA and Environmental laws and standards
• Strong computer skills, to include Microsoft Office, KRONOS, Peoplesoft, and Maximo systems
• Be adaptable to change, motivated, with excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• The ability to function in a fast paced environment with little direct supervision
• The ability to interact with other departments and functions to obtain the best overall results, including Maintenance, Technical Services, Accounting, Sanitation and Human
• Must posses the Heart of Leadership (Integrity, Conviction, Courage).
• 4 Year College degree
• Bilingual: English-Spanish
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-KS-Dodge City
Job Type Standard
Shift Night Job
Apply for Harvest General Foreman Trainee
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly