Maintenance Engineering Supervisor
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Maintenance Supervisor oversees all aspects of maintenance for the Nestlé -Jacksonville facility including utilities, packaging/production equipment and the physical plant; identifies maintenance problems and coordinates maintenance efforts to troubleshoot, repair and continually improve operations.
- Supervise Maintenance staff; allocate and manage work force to finish daily maintenance work.
- Supervise Production staff when other supervisory personnel are not available.
- Investigate and troubleshoot all major equipment problems and failures in the plant, and plan maintenance or repairs; supervise prioritization and staffing of emergency work,
- Assess core competencies of the maintenance crew, identifying needs and opportunities to develop the skills and proficiencies to sustain a capable workforce; schedule on-the -job training for crew.
Safety & Inspection
- Conduct regular inspections of plant to maintain a clean and safe working environment, to seek out potential problems and to solicit operator feedback.
- Actively participate in Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) program and complete monthly observations; determine and implement solutions for observed problems.
Maintenance & Repair
- Manage the prioritization and staffing of preventive maintenance and repairs of packaging/production equipment, physical plant/grounds, power generation equipment and other related equipment.
- Determine the cause of technical down time; create solutions or preventive maintenance plans to eliminate and prevent technical downtime.
- Participate in project work which includes planning, implementing, direction of fabrication, and parts acquisition.
- Source parts or services for maintenance activities.
- Monitor crews performance in SAP.
- Monitor payroll timesheets and ensure maintenance staff has clocked in/out; document absences and arrange staffing for coverage.
- Complete work-order and purchase order paperwork.
- Monitor technical downtime in SAMS program.
- Ensure efficiency and conformity in operation through effective communication with other supervisory staff; facilitate meetings and schedules between production and maintenance.
- Act as a communications liaison between management, staff and vendors to support both corporate and plant-driven initiatives.
- Participate in company environmental continuous improvement initiatives by seeking out and employing increased resource efficiency opportunities; promote and participate in waste conservation/management efforts (pollution prevention and recycling).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Reliability, Chemical or other related field) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of Utilities, Facilities or Production equipment maintenance. CMRP (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional) or Direct experience with Maintenance Planning and/or supervision preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong technical and leadership skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to lead, motivate and develop others; Able to organize, coordinate, and direct users and teams.
- Knowledge of TPM / PM Pillar Tools including:
- Asset Management Software (SAP Preferred)
- Breakdown Analysis
- Reliability Center Maintenance Practices
- PM Optimization
- Predictive Maintenance Technologies including (infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis, etc…)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for food safety.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the cost drivers of Maintenance in manufacturing operations.
- Good working knowledge of CMMS systems (SAP, Maximo) with the ability to mine and analyze data for trends/reports.
Apply for Maintenance Engineering Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly