General Production Superv
General Production Superv-KAN00616 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionPosition Purpose & Summary
The purpose of this position is to provide technical knowledge, operations experience, and management skills at a first line supervisory level in the daily direction and efficient performance of activities/functions on a daily basis to attain short and long term facility objectives.
Individuals in this position:
• Organize, plan, and manage a crush process on a daily basis in terms of safety, product safety, product quality, customer satisfaction, time delivery, costs, and environment.
• Supervises production employees and has full human resource management responsibilities including hiring, scheduling, motivating, handling employee relations issues, and processing employee related paperwork.
• Develops and coaches employees through Cargill Performance Management Process (PMP) as well as managing the disciplinary process.
• Ensures work team complies with Cargill, business and facility policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Builds employee engagement through positive working relationships and promotion of an enthusiastic and open atmosphere where employees will want to offer their ideas.
• Delegates day-to-day direct supervision of operators and production activities to direct reports.
• Participates in daily production meetings.
• Plans and monitors production shutdowns.
• Contributes to and monitors annual plan for department as well as balanced scorecard and standards and goals.
• Ensures work is performed according to specifications and standards
• Uses lab analysis in making production adjustments and coordinates issues with technical services.
• Monitors parts inventory and operating supplies, ensures availability of consumable supplies, and provides communications to ensure the procurement of necessary supplies to maintain safe and efficient operations while monitoring purchase orders.
• Utilizes technical skills and operations experience to promote the identification and solution of workplace problems and recommends and implements operating efficiencies
• Develops, submits, and follows through with projects to meet budget and timeline.
• Develops a portion of the budget for the plant.
• Manages expenses and provides monthly budget report, including explanation of unusual items.
• Troubleshoots causes of customer issues and collaborates with other functions as needed to provide efficient and effective resolution.
• Manages Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) program and compliance within production area.
• Oversees coordination of maintenance activities with respect to product planning.
• Work outdoors in a dusty environment with exposure to grain dust.
• Enter confined spaces under proper permit conditions and supervision.
• Troubleshoot complex problems as required.
• Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
• Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by facility; determine immediate and long-range needs for maintenance and repair work. Enter work orders utilizing maintenance computer program.
• Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
• Attend various safety, department and training meetings. Facilitate meetings as required.
• Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
• Assist other crush and plant personnel as needed, and will perform any other duty as requested by the production superintendent.
QualificationsEssential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Persons in this position must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent experience OR minimum of 3 years of production or operations management, including supervision, crew leadership, or coordination or equivalent and completion of secondary level education.
• Minimum of 2 years (in addition to above) production management, engineering or operations experience.
• Computer skills utilizing Microsoft programs, Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Must be able to learn computer software programs such as maintenance database (i.e. SAP) and Project database software.
• Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments (maintenance, sales, logistics, accounting), contractors, suppliers, inspectors and customers..
• Proven performance and the ability to apply policies and procedures in the areas of safety, environmental, health and food safety.
• Ability to take off-hour calls and rotate on call.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak candidly and provide constructive feedback.
• Ability to make independent decisions.
• Demonstrated excellence in priority setting.
• Demonstrated ability to coach others for high performance and high engagement; motivates, inspires, and engages others to excel and work towards the vision.
• Demonstrated behavior of strong integrity and moral principles; consistently does what one says one will do.
• Demonstrated respect, candor, and commitment.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to manage priorities; sees what needs to be done, assesses degree of urgency and importance, and takes appropriate action.
• Effective problem solving and decision making skills aligned with the Discuss, Decide, Champion behavioral capability.
• Practical business acumen.
• Strong understanding of sanitation, food handling, & personal safety practices.
• Knowledge of Emergency Action Plans.
• Demonstrated teamwork and the ability to effectively collaborate with others.
• Ability to influence others outside of formal reporting relationships.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to travel, typically less than 15%
• Must be able and willing to work in an outdoor environment with exposure to grain dust.
• Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant, and must be able to work in confined spaces.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Solid understanding of the underlying CASCNA business
• Strong understanding of food manufacturing and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job