Accountant-BLA01204 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Accountant role will be part of both the enterprise-wide finance organization and the Fort Dodge team by providing accounting and finance expertise. This role will focus on analysis and reporting duties by preparing month-end financial reports, provide analysis for plant costs, yields, and prepare forecasting and budgets. This role will also focus on accounting processes by completing internal control monitoring, being a partner and resource for our local and financial shared service teams, and identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities. This position will interact with a variety of cross-functional teams, local operations management, and the enterprise-wide finance team.
In alignment with the long-term Finance vision, this position will be located at the Blair, Nebraska regional finance office but will primarily support Fort Dodge operations. During the first 2-3 months of training for this role, the successful candidate will be expected to spend a majority of their time at the Fort Dodge facility. On an ongoing basis this role will require regular travel to Fort Dodge, likely a few days per month.
50% Analysis and Reporting
- Complete process report and analysis to ensure accurate yields, production, recoveries.
- Complete weekly and monthly maintenance reporting. Review transactions for appropriate reporting, assist maintenance team with ad-hoc reporting, conduct weekly cost review meetings.
- P&L review and analysis for accuracy, with emphasis on designated departments and functions.
- Complete department/function commentary and other miscellaneous month-end tasks.
- Assist with completing yearly manufacturing budgets and monthly IBP cost forecasting.
40% Accounting Processes and Procedures
- Support departments with delivery office initiative validation and ad-hoc data requests.
- Execute internal control processes and identify and areas of control risk.
- Be a resource for the accounts payable specialist and our financial shared service accountant.
- Identifies areas of standardization and improvement.
10% Other misc. projects as needed
- BU opportunities to work on projects related to the accounting and finance re-organization.
Note : In order to ensure your application is considered please apply by May 19th
QualificationsMinimum Required Qualifications
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 2 years of accounting experience
• Ability to communicate effectively- both written and orally.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to internal controls.
• Curiosity- desire to learn more than taught
• AS400 experience (ASAP/JDE/CMMP)
Primary Location US-NE-Blair
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job