2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Crane Oper-HOU00408 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
An overhead crane operator position is currently open within Cargill Metals Supply Chain. The overhead crane operator position is a key position within the Cargill Metals Business Unit. The successful candidate must have a high dedication to safety, quality, be detailed orientated, focused, be able to communicate effectively, and be motivated to perform multiple tasks using ten, fifteen, and thirty ton overhead cranes. The successful candidate will need to be able to proficiently perform multiple methods of lifting techniques and have the ability to use various wireless remotes that are used in operation of the overhead cranes.
The successful candidates job duties will include, but are limited to, the following; using overhead cranes to move various bundles and coils of steel to production lines, unloading and loading trucks for receiving and shipment of steel to customers, reading and comprehending paperwork, add and subtract, read a micrometer, use of a measuring tape, participate in safety programs, have computer knowledge, and be effective in a high paced team environment.
40% Operate safely within Cargill's policies, procedures, and governmental regulations and fully participate in Cargill Safety programs (BBSP, etc.)
30% Engage with the operations team to operate plant equipment on a daily basis. This will include: loading trucks per customer and Cargill Metals requirements and safely managing material handling equipment
10% Properly identify material and follow protocols for placement and maintain efficient paperwork for inventory management.
10% Communicate quality and service issues with supervisors. Commitment in quality, innovation, engagement, and cost control efforts for continuous improvement.
10% Maintain the general appearance of the facility to include: cleaning and other warehouse duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to adapt to change
- Proven ability to accurately and consistently execute complex and detailed processes and procedures
- Must have the ability to work in a plant environment
- Minimum of one year overhead crane operating experience
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds repeatedly with proper ergonomic form
- Have reliable transportation.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, multiple shifts and weekends.
- Be able to work without sitting (other than breaks) for entire shift.
- Basic math skills, reading of micrometer, and tape measure.
- Some Post High School education
- Experience in operating equipment in same/similar industry to steel cut-to-length operations
- Computer experience
Primary Location US-TX-Houston
Job Type Standard
Shift Evening Job
Apply for Crane Oper
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly