Plant Team Member 1st & 2nd Shifts
Plant Team Member 1st & 2nd Shifts-HOU00409 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
A Cargill Metals Plant Team Member is an entry level position into Cargill Metals. This position will be responsible for the safe execution of your duties in a dynamic industrial environment. This facility receives steel by truck and by rail from steel mills across the country, we inventory and process steel, then ship it out by truck or rail to our customers. This position will work closely with Production Supervisor to ensure we consistently meet all rail car and truck loading requirements. Finally, we have a commitment to continuous improvement in our quality and cost control efforts. You will be expected to bring your ideas and behaviors to meet our objectives in continuous improvement and cost control on a regular basis.
40% Operate safely within Cargill's policies, procedures, and governmental regulations and fully participate in Cargill Safety programs (BBSP, etc.)
30%Engage with the operations team to operate plant equipment on a daily basis this will include: loading trucks per customer and Cargill Metals requirements, safely manage material handling equipment
10% Properly identify material and follow protocols for placement and maintain efficient paperwork for inventory management.
10% Communicate quality and service issues with supervisors. commitment to continuous improvement in our quality and cost control efforts.
You will be expected to bring your ideas and behaviors to meet our objectives in continuous improvement and cost control on a regular basis.
10% Maintain the general appearance of the facility to include: cleaning and other warehouse duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to adapt to change
- Proven ability to accurately and consistently execute complex and detailed processes and procedures
- Must have the ability to work in a plant environment
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds repeatedly with proper ergonomic form.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, multiple shifts and weekends.
- Be able to work without sitting (other than breaks) for entire shift.
- Basic math skills.
- Some Post High School education
- Experience in operating equipment in same/similar industry to steel cut-to-length operations
- Crane operating experience
Primary Location US-TX-Houston
Job Type Standard