Field Service Technician
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Field Service Technician-HAR00942 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Position requires that this individual have good communication skills and works well with others. Candidate for this role requires to be self-motivated as most of their work will be conducted without immediate oversight of a manager. A close relationship will be established with our grow-out and veteranarian staff on monitoring flock health and management practices. There will also be relationships established with anywhere from 16-22 contract growers to provide the technical service necessary. This role will ensure that the contract growers follow and comply with all federal and state laws as well as Cargill policies. This supervisor will help provide assistance and guidance to contract growers to ensure the best management practices and animal welfare guidelines are followed. Safety, Food Safety and Animal Welfare Handling training will be conducted once the successful candidate has been selected. The successful candidate will enable us to deliver the lowest cost turkeys to the processing facility at an economical advantage to both the contract grower and Cargill.
65% Working with contract growers ensuring compliance of policies, laws, best management practices.
20% Collecting, inputing, and processing accurate records, data, and other information.
5% Pulling fat, swabs/blood samples for flock pre-slaughter processing.
5% Communicating with grow-out manager and veterinarian staff.
5% Maintaining and following up on proper animal welfare and environmental practices on the farms.
• Agriculture background; with animals, crops, or related field.
• Previous animal and/or farm experience.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Self-starter and self-motivated.
• Computer working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to work in geographically dispersed areas.
• Ability to work with a diverse team and grower profile.
• Bachelor's Degree or working toward a degree in Science, Animal Science, or related agriculture field.
• Knowledge of turkey husbandry, poultry growing practices and diseases.
• Supervisory experience and strong ability to work with others in a diverse environment.
• Background in poultry housing and flock husbandry.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-VA-Harrisonburg
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Field Service Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly