Corporate Sales Excellence Leader
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Corporate Sales Excellence Leader-WAY05712 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Corporate Sales Excellence Leader is a position responsible for leading the sales process design and strategy for Cargill customers across the Food Ingredients & Bio Industrial (FIBI) and Cargill Protein & Salt (CPS) enterprises as primary focus areas. The secondary responsibility will include broader sales process leadership for Cargill overall. The initial focus will be concentrated on three key areas, CRM, Digital and sales training. The ultimate goal is to create solutions for our customers in these areas that maximize ease of doing business, improve consistency of the Cargill Brand, build new capabilities, and improve our cost to serve. This role requires cross functional collaboration and engagement with all levels of the commercial organization to provide education and leadership on the future direction. This role will partner closely with the sales COE leaders in place in both the FIBI and CPS enterprises and to a lesser extent, the other three enterprises. The enterprise COE roles will focus on execution and areas like SIP, customer classification, roles definition, and the corporate COE role will focus on high level process design and governance. The governance area will focus on creating an effective framework to focus on those areas that require tradeoffs across the enterprises, groups and businesses in these areas.
Longer term, this role should help lead a major cultural shift in how we go to market and improve our relevance and brand as Cargill. This will be grounded in a shift from internal organizations structure to one focused on how our customers are organized and need us to build capabilities and processes for the future in the Retail, Foodservice, and Food Manufacturing channels.
40% Sales Process Design:
• Digital Commerce Leadership-Set and govern across enterprise standards and alignment to enhance Cargill food customers experience with our GTM digital capabilities (i.e. Self-service portals, e-commerce, digital marketing); Provide guidance to each CPS and FIBI business on their digital GTM strategy, design and implementation.
• CRM Leadership-Establish, measure and govern minimum CRM(salesforce.com) processes and data standards between CPS and FIBI; review and approve new CRM capabilities request; drive greater CRM utilization and integration with sales financial measures.
• Sales Training and Development-Partner with Cargill global leadership and development to create a Cargill sales training strategy, processes, and deployment plan. The focus will be to increase salesforce effectiveness, improve sales force engagement and retention, and improving customer experience and perceptions of our Cargill sales teams.
30% Sales Process management and leadership:
• Appoint, manage, and lead 4-5 corporate sales COE resources (digital GTM lead, CRM GTM lead, Talent lead and L & D liaison, FP & A part time resource, Marketing part time resource)
• Lead Sales COE governance board in collaboration with global customer facing facilitator, FIBI marketing and sales COE, and CPG sales excellence leaders
20% Sales Process Measurement Leadership:
• Establish and run a COE effectiveness measurement system (“KPI report card”) that tracks and communicates the impact of COE initiatives on customers satisfaction, business satisfaction, and sales force effectiveness
• Lead external benchmarking thought leadership and create new ways of providing external comparables for our businesses to support, initially focused in the shared sales areas.
10% Sales Job Family Leadership and Collaboration:
• Coordinate with sales, commercial and functional leaders across CPS and FIBI enterprises to ensure the corporate sales excellence group remains aligned with the needs of the business
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Bachelor's degree
• 15 years of business experience
• Expertise in Sales process, systems, development, or execution
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results through a virtual team
• Deep customer insight
• Passion for continuous improvement
• Proven track record of transitioning an existing sales force in the process area
• Strong subject matter expertise on key drivers impacting sales effectiveness
• Demonstrated understanding of the integrated system of process, tools, capabilities needed to support a successful sales organization
• Demonstrated ability to partner with key internal stake holders, sales, marketing, IT, FP&A, etc… to deliver on customer expectations
• Strong collaborator and indirect leadership/influencing skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and influence change
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Recognized industry leader in sales process and shared sales environment
• Knowledge of SalesForce, other CRM applications, Digital Commerce Systems, and Sales Training Industry leading practices
• Advanced (graduate) degree and/or executive education
• 10 years of experience in Sales process, systems, development, or execution
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Process Optimization/Project Management
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Corporate Sales Excellence Leader
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly