1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Plant Superintendent-MOU00366 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position has strategic operational oversight for all production processes for the Mount Joy, PA Chocolate Plant. Ensures areas of responsibilities meet BU/Facility standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
30% Manufacturing Excellence
• Sets and deploys operational priorities for the Mount Joy Chocolate Plant to ensure customer requirements are met within specifications.
• Develops and oversees implementation of local KPI's to align with corporate and product group strategy.
• Identifies, aligns, and provides input to best in class operational practices. Utilizes technical skills and relevant experience to identify and solve problems and recommend/implement operating efficiencies.
• Reviews performance measurements and deploys practices to promote operational efficiencies (operational rates and energy efficiencies).
• Aligns and implements reliability practices and ensures the reliability culture is foundational to operations (deploys reliability processes and metrics; focus on eliminating the root-cause of reliability problems).
• Partners with maintenance and engineering to define adopt and monitor KPI's to measure performance in areas that impact the customer and recommend areas of improvement and innovation.
• Champions a culture that promotes operational excellence. Recommends process improvements and supports business case for new investments/innovations.
• Identifies opportunities for continuous improvements applicable to the entire business.
25% Safety/Risk Management
• Leads employee and food safety program standards and goals for the Mount Joy Chocolate Plant. Accountable for all internal and external regulatory procedures related to employee and food safety.
• Partners with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) experts to implement the most effective approach for complying with corporate policies and procedures.
Health and Safety: Champions a culture of zero injury and illness.
Environmental: Reduces and proactively avoids environmental impact and potential risks to the business.
Food Safety: Directly monitors risks associated with products. Ensures FSSC/HACCP/FDA standards and requirements are met in all food and feed processes.
Educates and trains workforce in food safety fundamentals and completes safety and good manufacturing practices (GMP) audits.
• Leads tactical and strategic initiatives representing the business with external/internal regulatory authorities. Has overall
accountability for maintaining good rapport with the local community and regulatory agencies.
• Builds and maintains community relations that align with Cargill's corporate and business interests while addressing
25% People Management
• Actively develops direct reports including a formal performance management process which includes goal/expectation setting; regular, documented feedback; and development plans. Provides coaching to direct reports including coaching Cargill's core values and guiding principles.
• Develops planning for future production workforce needs and participates in selection of employees.
• Implements plant operational, reliability, safety, FSQR training programs and controls/monitors employee performance.
• Accountable for production talent development and for overall training and on boarding new employees.
• Focuses on plant engagement, recognition, development and coaching.
• Implements systems and process to maintain a highly engaged workforce. Holds direct reports accountable for actively addressing engagement issues and for identifying best practices in engagement.
• Applies disciplinary actions when needed.
20% Production Financial Performance/Capital Planning Effectiveness
• Manages manufacturing P&L budgets/metrics and understands how production expenditure/costs impacts businesses margins and pricing.
• Leads, directs and controls capital and operating budgets for the Mount Joy Chocolate Plant to achieve financial performance objectives set by the business. Ensures and holds direct reports accountable for meeting and
controlling operating expenses and established targets.
• Works with engineering, FSQR, EHS, and facility management to provide input in the development of plant capital investment strategies
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or higher
• At least 5 years of combined experience in production supervision, maintenance supervision or project management
• Working knowledge of asset maintenance and reliability practices
• Strong organizational, leadership and planning skills
• Strong team player
• Demonstrated team building, leadership and conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated self-starter
• Working knowledge of Food Safety, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA and Environmental regulations
• Ability to communicated effectively both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization
• Demonstrated effective systematic approach to problem solving
• Ability to organize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
• Ability to travel as needed (less than 10%)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Engineering Degree
• Working knowledge and experience using SAP
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing (e.g. Kaizen, 5S, Value Stream Mapping)
• Working knowledge and experience with Global Food Safety Initiatives and programs
• Experience working in an environment with a collective bargaining agreement
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Prior experience with Stable Ops or other Six-Sigma-based initiative
• Routine physical activity including standing and walking for several hours at a time, typing, climbing, and lifting approximately 55 lbs.
• Occasionally travel as required (typically less than 10% of time)
Primary Location US-PA-Mount Joy
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Plant Superintendent
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly