PPM COE Leader
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
PPM COE Leader-HOP04171 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Position Purpose & Summary
Lead the PPM COE and serve as the Cargill Process Manager for PPM. Work with all template owners (IT, Build, NPSS, MADJV) to promote and maintain the PPM process, lead the use and support of the Cargill PPM tool - Clarizen and promote the use of PPM throughout Cargill including leading the Cargill PPM community of practice.
20% PPM Process Manager
• Serve the role of PPM process manager, working with the Cargill Process Data and Technology Committee.
• Facilitate the portfolio management process to keep it sustainable including identifying where facilitated workshops could bring the most value, training facilitators and monitoring effectiveness.
• Provide direction in how to assure and improve effective execution of our processes (for example, issues like gate reviews).
• Work with Talent & Performance to build project management capabilities in Cargill.
• Assure that PPM materials are up to date and available on the PPM Website.
20% Governance of PPM
• Lead the governance team comprised of Template Owners (IT, Build, NPSS, MADJV), Corporate FP&A and Enterprise/Group/Business representatives.
• Team purpose is to align on priorities and areas of focus and resolve and agree on direction for key topics requiring guidance of the team.
• Govern Cargill's PPM Technology design to maintain a technology design that is in alignment with a common Portfolio and Project Management process for Cargill and minimize tailoring the solution for each Group/Business
• Lead the PPM continuous improvement efforts and update of all content (portfolio management, project delivery process, project management) that is common across the project type templates
• Lead the Community of Practice.
20% PPM Enabling Solution - Clarizen
• Deploy Cargill's PPM Technology solution throughout Cargill
• In coordination with Global IT and Template owners, develop & deploy a management of change process, with approval matrix, for any changes needing made on Cargill's PPM Technology design
• As the business owner for the Corporate PPM solution, lead the enhancement process for Cargill's PPM Technology solution as needed
• Manage working relationships with Global IT Application owner and delivery team PPM point of contact.
20% Metrics Analysis and Value Realization
• External Benchmarking Across the spectrum of our PPM processes, what can we learn from the industry.
• Internal Benchmarking of our use to compare template practices, learnings to be shared across templates and how well do we follow our PPM processes?
• Data metrics and analysis across the spectrum of projects, what metrics should be used to measure the ‘right balance' for our portfolio? How do we measure the effectiveness of our PPM system (system metrics vs. individual project metrics)?
• Value Cargill has realized by following the intent of our PPM processes.
• Lead analytics of Cargill's project investment portfolio
20% COE Leadership
• Lead the PPM Center of Expertise team.
• Accountable for direct reports performance management & reviews, talent development, succession planning and overall team engagement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 10 years of experience in business / industry
• Strong Management/Leadership Experience
• Strong proficiency and solid hands-on project and program management experience
• Strong independent problem solving, project management and analytical skills
• Demonstrated strategic thinking skills to prioritize work in alignment with project objectives or goals, recognizes linkages and understands impact of individual actions on other parts of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to manage through constructive conflict to deliver positive outcomes. Comfort with asking challenging and difficult questions to business and functional leaders.
• Demonstrated service orientation to monitor others' work to ensure quality and alignment in meeting organizational needs
• Experience leading change by questioning the status quo and identifying specific opportunities to improve internal controls
• Ability to translate process, data, and technology concepts into business terms.
• Ability to move frequently between high-level strategic view to a tactical view.
• Demonstrated personal development skills by actively seeking feedback from others and modifies behavior accordingly
• Proven ability to manage and develop others by providing direct, constructive feedback to help others improve performance and develop new skills/talents, identifying current developmental needs and arranges for new assignments and formal training to build upon strengths
• Advanced degree (MBA, etc.)
• Business experience and understanding of Cargill is preferred.
• Managing complex programs in a cross-cultural global environment is highly desirable.
• Experience working with internal and external service providers.
• Experience in business process analysis and design.
• Demonstrated experiences in leading teams through change, building and inspiring highly professional teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Process Optimization/Project Management
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Other Locations United States
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for PPM COE Leader
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly