Transp Prof-NAS00058 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Supports the plant by directing all warehouse activities including offsite storage. Determines and assigns work procedures, prepares work schedules, coordinates deliveries of all materials from suppliers and manages all coolers and freezers.
100% Manages all shifts (day and night shifts) and functions of the shipping/receiving department and inventory control of the facility. Will be point of contact for offsite product storage and manage accordingly. Has ownership of the lift fleet and is the point of contact with supplier. The Determines and assigns work procedures. Oversees inventory control for all materials - meat (fresh and frozen), all dry materials, packaging and finish product. Interacts with Customer Service for customer fulfillment.
· Team building for expanding plant. Able to identify, hire and train potential candidates.
· Manage 3rd party off site warehouse inventory, potential savings/cost control and contract.
· Manage 3rd party shuttle service/contract and manage cost.
· Manage lift fleet/contract and manage cost.
· Preferably experience in major plant expansions.
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy.)
This position will be posted internally and externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Bachelor degree in Business or Supply Chain plus minimum 3 years' experience or 5 years' experience in lieu of degree
• Must have at least 3 years' experience in Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Control.
• Must have an understanding of process flow and managing off shifts.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job General Management
Primary Location US-TN-Nashville
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job