Facility Purchasing Coordinator
Facility Purchasing Coordinator-NEW01205 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This is a critical role in the operations organization to ensure efficient and accurate purchase requisitions. This role performs a wide variety of specialized and decision support activities, both manual and computerized, that are required to procure inventory, operating supplies & tools, maintenance parts and services, project materials and services, and manage materials information. This role applies a significant understanding of the business practices, procedures, and strategies to manage, organize and coordinate processes for procurement of materials, services, capital expenditures and supplies. This role will also serve as support for the work within CMMS (maintenance and storerooms).
Scope of the Position:
50% Purchase Requisitioning
· Receives requests for procurement of maintenance materials, services, plant supplies, and capital expenditures from plant staff.
· Evaluate requests to make appropriate recommendation. Evaluation should include appropriate authorization and alternatives to requested item.
· Work with plant staff in determining appropriate levels of inventory, analyzing historical data to ensure the request is appropriate.
· Work with cross-functional teams such as FSQR (Food Safety, Quality, Regulatory,) EHS, and operations as necessary to meet new regulatory requirements or functional expectations.
· Follows established procedures to process requests into Purchase Requisitions.
· Review all purchase requisitions (including PRs from work orders) to ensure Purchase Requisitions contain accurate data including material codes, vendor selection, unit of measure, cost center, wbs#, material group, service master, gl codes, matches quotes, etc.
· Enter orders into vendor catalogs.
40% Procurement Support and Facilitation
· Works with plant staff to research and resolve routine supplier issues (research basic variances with supplier contract terms and conditions, on-time delivery, quality of materials/goods, adherence to specifications); escalates more significant issues to higher level procurement staff and/or Strategic Sourcing organization as appropriate.
· Assist Buyers (CSSP Bangalore) as needed with understanding the unique needs of the business. Work proactively to ensure an efficient and effective process.
· Submit RemedyForce tickets as needed (contract administration, vendor master data, returns, PO modifications, etc.)
· Responds to requests for information (purchasing data, status of procurement activities) from plant staff.
· Runs standard, pre-defined reports from the procurement management system and analyses data to ensure accuracy of min/max, and continuous improvement in performance.
· Apply understanding of procurement best practices and procedures to advise plant staff on compliance.
· Assist as requested to resolve SAP errors.
· Support CSSP initiatives as requested.
· Troubleshooting and training others on procurement/inventory management system functionality, providing
education, training and support to system users.
10% Support Maintenance, Storeroom, and Working Capital activates as assigned.
· Projects related to work order, materials, inventory, equipment records, BOMs, returns, master data,etc.
· Projects to evaluate the inventory levels of the supply rooms and potential areas for reduction of working capital.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 2 to 3 years' experience in procurement environment
· Demonstrated strong analytical skills and ability to identify and prioritize business opportunities, provide sound solutions
· Knowledge of procurement systems and processes
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to prioritize with a keen sense of urgency and take appropriate action
· Demonstrated expertise in multi-tasking, handling projects and meeting deadlines in dynamic environment
· Effective problem solving and decision making skills (aligned with Discuss, Decide, Support behavioral capacity)
· Ability to work cross functionally across all levels of the organization
· Demonstrated ability to drive tasks to completion with desired results
· Ability to work independently
· Strong integrity and moral principles aligned with Cargill's Guiding Principles
· Occasional travel as required (typically less than 10% of time)
· Effective communication skills (written, oral, verbal)
· Preferred Qualifications
· Mechanical aptitude
· Supply Chain Management experience
· Knowledge of maintenance materials and services
· Working knowledge and experience using SAP and/or Maximo
· Working knowledge of meat processing
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
Primary Location US-GA-Newnan
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job