FSQ Technician I
FSQ Technician I-ATL00134 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
A Food Safety and Quality (FSQ) Technician is responsible for the timely execution of local quality testing, food safety, and product release programs and procedures. Analytical testing may be performed for routine analysis of incoming ingredient testing, in-process testing, and final product testing. The FSQ Technician is also responsible for checking and monitoring analytical instrumentation performance, minor maintenance of laboratory equipment as instructed, working with operations/applications to troubleshoot and solve issues, and entering data into SAP and communication of the results verbally and/or in writing.
75% Analytical testing for routine analysis of ingredient, in-process, and final product testing and for support of trials and experiments. Entry of data into databases and communication of results verbally or in writing as required. Communicating specification results to internal customers. Release of product meeting prescribed guidelines and executing on the product hold and release programs as established in procedures.
10% Performance of calibration checks, preventative maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation.
10% Perform miscellaneous safety and food safety tasks as assigned such as completing ATP swabs, environmental monitoring swabbing, auditing, testing chemical concentrations, and visually inspecting equipment.
5% Perform other duties as assigned such as cleaning of lab areas, storing/disposing retains per plan, and ordering supplies for the lab.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a laboratory or food manufacturing.
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Microsoft Office Suite experience.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
• Associate's Degree in Chemistry or Food Science
• Understanding of basic sciences and analytical techniques Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-GA-Atlanta
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job