Factory Quality Specialist
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections and/or standard microbiological, chemical, physical or sensory testing and assays on products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards. Manages finished goods positive release, net contents and sensory program. Records statistical data. Analyzes data and writes summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods and procedures. Works closely with the Quality Team to help identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality.
- Responsible for releasing or holding finished product from production, PD, and TAG for retail and institutional sale
- Report out detailed information regarding the products that are held and released
- Track non-prime inventory
- Report all KPI information for the department
- Report out finished product scrap
- Involved in trace and recall procedures
- Support traceability exercises
- SAP/GLOBE QM Super user- responsible for learning, implementing, teaching, maintenance and reporting data from the GLOBE QM module of SAP
- Responsible for hold product and rework documentation review and disposition.
- Support for all outside warehouses
- Responsible for allergen and coding maintenance
- Supports production in decisions related to quality and food safety
- Audits GMPs, procedures and paperwork on the production floor
- Conducts coaching and training to employees
- Identifies gaps in procedures or processes
- Participates in and/or lead continuous improvement activities such as DMAIC and GSTD
- Attends SHOs, DORs and WORs
- Responsible for changes in procedures and QMS
- Review consumer alerts and direct follow-up of alerts
- Maintain consumer complaint awareness through distribution of top complaints for production lines
- Manages consumer complaint team and follow-up
- Manages Foreign Bodies Task Force
- Daily Review of HACCP documentation on Shop Floor
- Daily Behaviour Based Quality observations
- Responsible for follow-up activities driven by CPARs from Internal Audit Team and Third Party Audits
- Members of Internal Audit Team
- Conducts special projects as assigned
- Able to work flexible hours and able to cover off shifts
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other related field, required.
- Preferably 2-3 years manufacturing and or laboratory (1-3 years) experience in food industry.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement.
Apply for Factory Quality Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly