Market Intelligence Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
“The first step to changing the world is believing it's possible. We are on a mission to transform the everyday, and awaken what is exceptional.” - Coffee-mate Brand Purpose
We are embarking on an exciting journey of transformation- transforming how we think, how we do things, how we run our business, and how we impact our world. We are rewriting some of the old rules and embracing a fresh way of working as we aspire to reach our maximum potential and achieve our boldest dreams.
This position's role is to influence and drive brand thinking, using high impact insights, with the versatility to affect strategic and tactical actions to win in the marketplace. The Manager, Brand Consulting will be a pillar presence of market intelligence and consumer insights in the organization, with superior skills in employing syndicated data and custom research to build impactful points-of-view in true brand building fashion.
Leadership & Consulting
- Serve as the brand “navigator” by providing thought leadership in brand management
- ( /-40% of time) Drive initiative on insight generation from syndicated research/market data, (e.g. Nielsen POS, IRI, panel data) and manage custom Nielsen studies to help optimize base business and innovation success
- Help brands understand what is happening in the marketplace, to help them prioritize where there interests lie in understanding the ‘why behind the what'.
- Enable us to ‘see' the business much more clearly, and to be in front of the ‘what's'.
- Nurture the mastery for business knowledge through secondary research, on the same level with marketing teams
- Help curate a new level of analytical expertise on secondary data within the Marketing group
- ( /- 60% of time) Drive initiative on insight generation from custom research to help optimize base business and innovation success
- The ‘why' is understood through the primary, custom research with qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Frame, Design, Analyze and Present studies
- Help the brand continue to drive innovations and communications against the brand's positioning by gathering deeper insights on the brand's consumer target, frame of reference, benefit, reason-to-believe
- Create consumer empathy/understanding across the business team by clearly articulating existing consumer understanding and identifying actionable learning needs
- Use transparent, strategy-aligned criteria to assess the value of projects to the business.
- Collaborate across the Market Intelligence function to leverage our scale and increase speed via effectiveness (best practices internally and externally, integrated knowledge) and efficiencies (standardized, consistent across NUSA, optimized cost base).
- Redefine medium-value requests and eliminate or outsource low-value requests.
- Tap people's natural motivations to share insights with peers and increase the “portability” of insights to enable wider sharing.
- Performance will be measured on the ability to change thinking, influence decisions and business strategy.
Develop Brand Insights
- Effectively communicate and embed learning to increase the impact of insights into action by making them relevant to the business strategy.
- Proactively pursue opportunities for impact by systematically seeking and exploiting opportunities to leverage research/learning on high-value topics unseen or ignored by business partners and use influence to activate those opportunities.
- Focus on establishing business partners' decisions and aligning the research agenda to them, then tailor communications of research findings to support upcoming decisions.
- Develop and consistently review brand learning plan to identify the most impactful areas of learning.
- Identify the essential “business drivers” by finding the common ground between strategic priorities and the most commonly asked about topics.
Budget & Vendor Management
- Manage projects within approved budget.
- Provide suppliers with access to all information available to ensure intimacy with NUSA.
- Leverage strategic assets to create a non-monetary, reciprocally valuable relationship with suppliers, motivating above-and-beyond support and true partnership
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.A./B.S. in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, or Sociology required. Relevant Master's degree or MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of marketing research experience with budget responsibility in a consumer packaged goods industry
- Candidate must possess a strong drive for results with a passion for the consumer and marketing.
- Possess a business-owner vs. researcher mindset, being motivated and vested in big picture impact of research and insights.
- Project Execution - Leading - Managing budget, suppliers, research execution, and adhering to interim and final deadlines
- Methodology Expertise - Leading - Selecting appropriate, diverse methodologies in designing research studies and trying new things when appropriate
- Self-Development - Leading - Seeking opportunities to self-educate proactively (new methodologies and techniques, business acumen, and general research and business news)
- Insight Generation - Applying - Inductive reasoning, creativity, risk tolerance, and business judgment
- Knowledge Agenda Development - Applying - Identify broad themes or learning gaps for future research based on accumulated knowledge
- Communication - Applying - Tailoring content and purposeful communication
- Influence - Applying - Active listening, negotiation, persuasion and courage
- Business Problem Solving - Applying - Diagnosis and framing the problem, business knowledge and acumen, recommendation development
- Consumer Empathy - Applying - Can articulate basic behaviors and motivations of consumers
- Strategic Thinking - Applying - Creates short-term marketing tactics that support long-term strategies and brand vision
- Brand Knowledge & Advocacy - Applying - Role-models brand expertise, eagerly engaging real consumers to optimize brand strategy and plans
Nestlé Leadership Framework Key Competencies:
- Proactive Cooperation, Impact & Convince Others, Curiosity, Results Focus, Innovation
Apply for Market Intelligence Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly