2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Pricing Strategist-HOP04169 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Pricing Strategist will be responsible for developing Pricing Strategy in line with GEOS strategy. Expected to participate in meetings with leadership and with little oversight be able to provide valuable insights that inform and shape business strategy. Pricing strategist is responsible for operationalizing “Economic Value Models” derived from strategic pricing framework. Expected to bring about change in thought and culture by teaching and coaching pricing analysts, sales, commercial and other stakeholders, the use of EVMs. Responsible for leading major RFPs that involve, building and executing on pricing and negotiation strategies. The strategist is expected to approve changes in price guidance generated by the pricing systems and be able to independently drive Value Identification projects with Energy. Expected to keep a connection with the pricing community within Cargill and constantly bringing best practices to GEOS/NA Oils. This role is one of the most critical roles for the business in not just improving profitability but setting up the organization with capabilities and culture focused on value creation and effective sales and pricing framework.
25% Develop pricing strategies at macro and micro level in-line with business strategy. This involves evaluating AOPs against market indicators, business strategy, internal variables & open opportunity for next 12-18 months, holding workshops with stakeholders and arrive at the pricing strategy that is used as a baseline for all negotiations during the coming year.
During the year, responsible for managing the strategy and tweaking it periodically based on market and business conditions
25% Lead RFP's. Build a tactical framework, get internal alignment that may require coaching high-level stake holders, develop a negotiation strategy, train customer facing sales/commercial personnel & if needed, be part of the customer-facing negotiation team
20% Evaluate Win/Loss data for insights and early indicators for any competitor/customer/market moves
20% Conceptualize and develop “Value Identification” & “Value capture” projects, including Economic Value Models
10% Change management across the broader organization. Partner with key stakeholder functions Commercial managers, Sales, FP&A and Supply Chain
• Minimum 7 years' experience in one or more of the following: Pricing, Revenue management, Commercial Management, Trading & Business Development, Operations, Supply Chain
• 3 years profitability analysis and pricing economics experience
• Demonstrated strength in developing strategy & executing against it
• High Analytical skills
• A self starter
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Demonstrated initiative, curosity and potential to go beyond the described role as the team responsibilities evolve
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels and functions of the organization
• Technology oriented Individual
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Strong business knowledge, including activity based costing and standard costing knowledge.
• Considerable working knowledge of multiple functional areas such as supply chain, procurement, finance, operations, etc. and demonstrated ability to integrate information across those fields
• 5-7 years experience in setting pricing strategies for B2B companies
• Proficiency in using pricing tools like PROS, Zilliant, Vendavo, etc.
• Working knowledge of ERP systems and Microsoft applications
• Proven strong negotiation skills
• Proven ability to behave in accordance with Cargill values and ethics
• Experience with production or manufacturing environment
• 5 years of experience in food industry
Availability and willingness to travel ~ 10%
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Pricing Strategist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly