Sr. Pricing Analyst
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sr. Pricing Analyst-HOP04170 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Senior Pricing Analyst's primary role is to create and capture value using innovative pricing strategies. The position will work closely with the sales & commercial managers in creating account plans and to ensure product and service profitability. The candidate will support deal and account specific price execution and price decisions. Candidate is expected to leverage dashboards in PROS and competitive and market intelligence, win/loss information to analyze trends, identify outliers, and understand account performance.
Excellent communication and relationship building skills are required to collaborate across numerous functions including: sales, customer service, procurement, trading, transportation and finance. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, able to migrate efficiently through complex systems and data, can simultaneously manage multiple high priority projects, and can create alternative strategies for capturing value in a mature market.
30% Create pricing strategies using deep analytics to capture channel opportunities, reduce profit leakage, expand into new markets, and improve sales force effectiveness. Conduct pricing analytics and use insights in creating pricing strategies and sales plan development.
30% Respond to RFP's, build price quotes for key customers, and ensure contracts maintenance process works effectively.
20% Gather win/loss and market intelligence such as competitor pricing.
20% Relationship management with key customers, sales team and commercial management.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 5 years' experience in one or more of the following: Pricing, Revenue management, Sales, Commercial Management, Finance, Trading & Business Development OR any other business related.
• 3 years profitability analysis and pricing economics experience
• Demonstrated strong quantitative & analytical ability
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Demonstrated initiative, curosity and potential to go beyond the described role as the team responsibilities evolve
• Demonstrated ability to consistently and effectively manage detailed processes
• Demonstrated ability to be timely and accurate in written and verbal responses in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels and functions of the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Science or related field
• Strong business knowledge, including activity based costing and standard costing knowledge.
• Considerable working knowledge of multiple functional areas such as supply chain, procurement, finance, operations, etc. and demonstrated ability to integrate information across those fields
• 5-7 years experience in setting pricing strategies for B2B companies
• Proficiency in using pricing tools like PROS, Zilliant, Vendavo, etc.
• Working knowledge of ERP systems and Microsoft applications
• Proven strong negotiation skills
• Proven ability to behave in accordance with Cargill values and ethics
• Experience with production or manufacturing environment
• 5 years of experience in food industry
Availability and willingness to travel ~ 10%
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Sr. Pricing Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly