2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world's largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
Technical lead on project teams to deliver innovation and renovation portfolio and optimization/improvement projects. Represent Technical Application Group as subject matter expert for product/packaging/process to transfer knowledge to the factories. Collaborate internally and externally to build relationships in order to continuously improve technical skills and personal development.
1. Implementation of Innovation & Renovation strategy for the supported product categories in the Market
. Implement/execute product/packaging/process development activities (e.g. mockup, bench top, pilot plant, distribution testing, and internal/external factory testing) to achieve project goals and deadlines to delight the consumer & customer.
2. Introduction of new product, packaging, and processes within the factories and external manufacturers
. Collaborate internally and externally (marketing, T&P, raw & pack material suppliers, etc.) in a team environment to develop, industrialize, and launch new products, quality improvements, compliance, and productivity cost savings.
3. Continuously improve/optimize current product, packaging, and processes within factories factories and external manufacturers according to local business needs and supply situation and/or implementation of initiatives.
Develop, approve, maintain, and sustain the product, packaging, and process standards and specifications.
4. Ensure adherence to all product/packaging/process standards.
Comply with Nestlé requirements (includes Nutritional Requirement, Sustainability, Packaging Safety), external standards, and local regulatory framework. Develop and/or assist in the development of market level product/packaging/process standards within the Nestlé systems.
5. Continuous improvement of technical skills and personal development, while expanding internal and external networks.
6. Develop expertise for product/packaging/process mastership within TAG.
Develop the competencies required for product/packaging/process mastership to enable manufacturing excellence. Provide guidance and input to Operations for Standard Operating Procedures.
7. Provide first line support to factories.
Ensure knowledge transfer related to product/packaging/process mastership to eliminate the root cause of assistance requests
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- A BS or MS degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Position requires approximately 20-50% travel.
- Prefer minimum 3 years of product/packaging/process development experience in CPG or related field of work in factory environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high performing environment
- Exceptional organizational skills & ability to manage multiple projects and assignments
- Strong communication skills: interpersonal, presentation, oral and written
- Highly motivated, critical thinker, goal oriented and easily adapts to change
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Power Point, Word, Project
- Preferred: SAP and CAPE Palletization Program
Apply for Packaging Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly