Principal Scientist Vitamin E
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Principal Scientist Vitamin E-EDD01080 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill's texturizing solutions business specializes in the production of texturizing ingredients that link the core food-building blocks (proteins, lipids, carbohydrates and water) into finished foods and beverages. Our nature-derived ingredients portfolio is comprised of extracts from major crops (starches, soy proteins and lecithins), seaweeds (carrageenans and alginates), fruits (pectins and locust bean gum) and sugar fermentation (xanthan gum). These specialized ingredients are also applied to offerings in the personal care, pharmaceutical and industrial categories.
Through our expertise in origination, global supply chains, research and formulation, we help our customers achieve consistent product quality at an affordable price.
Our texturizing business is operational in all continents with 31 sales offices and 20 manufacturing plants:
Native and modified food starches and spray-dried specialty starches/ maltodextrins are produced in plants located in Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, France, Spain and the United States.
Soy proteins are produced in plants located in the United States.
Hydrocolloids are produced in plants located in France, Germany, Morocco and the Philippines. Functional Systems are produced in plants located in China, France, and the United States.
Lecithins are produced in plants in Germany, the Netherlands and in the United States.
The Principal Scientist position creates value for Cargill Texturizing Solutions (CTS) by developing and leveraging chemistry and functionality expertise in the field of functional lipids. Accountabilities include identifying and executing innovation projects, providing expertise to customers and customer-facing groups, and supporting Operations. The Principal Scientist is a thought leader, helping to shape and lead projects, as well as a key contributor on experimental efforts.
30% Technology Leadership
- Play a key role in shaping and advancing a pipeline of innovation projects. Projects span the range from product and process development for novel food ingredients to process optimization for existing manufacturing assets.
- Provide thought leadership by leveraging deep lipid chemistry knowledge
- Serve as Technical Lead for key projects in the portfolio.
- Research intellectual property landscapes and develop patent positions in partnership with an IP lawyer.
50% Technology Execution
- Design, execute and interpret experiments at laboratory, pilot and plant scale
- Participate in all phases of product/process development, including discovery, laboratory development, characterization and scale-up
10% Commercial Partnership
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in functional lipids to support Sales and Technical Service into
- solving customers' problems
- educating customers about our products
- non-standard competitor matching for sales bids
10% Business Sustainment
- Adhere to best practices in Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) and Food Safety.
- Closely align with Operations to support complex troubleshooting efforts.
- Support knowledge management efforts for starch technology.
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy.)
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or related technical discipline that includes experimental skills.
- 10 years of experience in process and product development, with at least 5 years of this experience in the technical field of lipid based ingredients.
- 3 years of project management experience for new product development.
- Demonstrated track record of leading complex innovation projects involving cross functional teams and spanning the full life cycle from ideation through to commercialization.
- Demonstrated understanding of chemical processes at the molecular level
- Demonstrated knowledge of lipid chemistry
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results against challenging schedules
- The position requires approximately 10-20% travel within the US, with possible international travel 1 time per year.
- The position requires participation in laboratory, pilot plant, and production activities. On limited occasions, support for production trials may require work on weekends, shifts or odd hours
- PhD is preferred in the area of Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Food Technology or similar technical discipline
- 3 years of experience in the technical field of Mixed Tocopherols, Vitamin E, Phytosterols, Fatty Acids or lipid ingredients (can be years of experience gained through academic research or in a work setting)
- Experience working in a food production environment.
- Familiarity with regulatory codes (Code of Federal Regulations, Food Codex Standards).
- Experience with intellectual property (patent reviews and patent drafting).
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience giving technical presentations to customers, industry trade shows and conferences.
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-IA-Eddyville
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Principal Scientist Vitamin E
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly