2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Maintenance Technician-BYH00087 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Position is located in Byhalia, MS. No relocation assistance is provided.
At Cargill Feed & Nutrition we provide customized animal nutrition solutions to customers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hard working individuals like you. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day. We also believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best so as part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. This will help us understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed.
This position is responsible for maintaining optimum asset health for all plant equipment, systems, and structures by performing inspections, repairs and modifications to equipment and structures of feed facility.
Other duties for the position will include but are not limited to the following tasks: the safe installation, maintenance, testing, evaluation, and repair at power distributions systems, motor control systems, automation systems, PLC's, frequency drives, and communication systems. Also, involves maintaining optimum asset health for all plant equipment, systems, and structures by performing inspections, repairs and modifications to equipment and structures of feed facility.Responsibilities include:
- Perform maintenance work in various areas (E & I, Mechanical) and coordinate multiple tasks
- Perform routine & emergency plant maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Maintain maintenance records and assist in plant production as needed, identify & documents trends and schedule work accordingly
- Safety - Owning and being a leader in all aspects of safety (PJHA's, LOTO's, Safe-Work Permits, Behavioral based safety, near miss & incident reporting).
- Must be able to read/comprehend English.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Excellent Math Skills.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a plant job.
- Must be a team player and passionate for success
- Have knowledge in a feed milling industry and/or have the behaviors and ability to develop and champion multiple aspects in maintenance
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant, and must be able to work in confined spaces
- Ability to wear respirator and required safety equipment
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Execute assignments in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass a Maintenance Technician Exam
- Knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance, planning and scheduling
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing/production facility
Primary Location US-MS-Byhalia
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Maintenance Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly