Refinery Area Team Leader / Area Superintendent
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Refinery Area Team Leader / Area Superintendent-HAM00820 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position has over all management responsibilities of operations in assigned production area. This includes production, safety, environmental, costs, management, customers and quality.
30% -Development and supervision of direct and indirect reports (coaching, PMP's) Work with peers at location in establishing consistent personnel policies. Peer with other facilities to establish consistent plant practices.
Lead department/area in a manner that leads to engaged employees.
25% - Oversee product quality to ensure total customer satisfaction. Interface with customers on plant visits and audits.
20%- Develop strategies for operations of assigned area to include technical optimization of processes. This involves working with applicable BU PDG.
20% -Establish, implement and maintain area capital and operating budgets.
5% - Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability- Vet
- Bachelor's of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 10 or more years of combined experience between operations management and project management
- 5 or more years production management and supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Food Safety, OSHA, and Environmental regulations
- Technical knowledge and experience with process unit operations
- Demonstrated team building, leadership and conflict resolution skills. Knowledgeable of basic HR practices, EEO, etc.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with continuous improvement & maintenance reliability processes (RCA, 5S, 5Y, Kaizen, Six Sigma)
- Experience with SAP
- Experience managing/working with a collective bargaining unit/union
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-IN-Hammond
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Refinery Area Team Leader / Area Superintendent
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly