2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
AEI Technician-MOU00375 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Provide technical automation, electrical, and instrumentation capabilities.
Provide continuous improvement and project management skills in a plant support capacity that ensures safe, efficient and low cost plant operations.
Troubleshoot and maintain automation, electrical, and instrumentation assets.
Plan, coordinate, and supervise automation, electrical, and instrumentation projects and external automation, electrical, and instrumentation contract labor.Principal Accountabilities:
80% Monitor, maintain, repair and upgrade plant Automation/Electrical equipment and networks within the boundaries of budget to ensure process control and continuity (including PLC's, HMI's, servers, switches/hubs, PC's).
10% Champion, support and role model food and operations safety programs/practices in partnership with EH&S and operations management.5% Plan Automation / Electrical work requests. 5% Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• 2 year Technical degree in AEI, or similar technical discipline.
• OR 2 years of work experience in an AEI role and 2 years of work experience in an industrial electrical role.• High school diploma or equivalent.• Ability to technically advise and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment. • Experience and ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals. • Ability and willingness to work overtime as needed. • Proven problem solving, decision making, and organization/prioritization skills. • Proven ability to plan, schedule, and coordinate work including contractor work.
• Ability to develop/design, read and interpret drawings, and equipment specifications.• Experience with PLC and other control systems.• Ability to design, program and troubleshoot medium sized AEI projects.
• Proficient troubleshooting skills for computer networks, automation, controls, programming, process systems, PLC's, HMI's, AC variable frequency drives, AC motors, Servo motors, relay controls, power distribution systems (480VAC and below), and 24VDC controls.• Ability to respond to calls for emergency work during off duty hours.• Ability to execute assignments in a timely manner with minimal supervision. • Ability to write, speak and follow written and verbal instructions in English. • Ability to lift 55 lbs. • Ability to climb platform steps, ladders, and stairs. • Ability to perform elevated work. • Ability to work in all environments. • Ability to work in inclement conditions. • Ability to bend and crawl in limited space. • Ability to travel between sites as needed (14 miles apart). Preferred Qualifications: • Associates Degree in a technical discipline or Apprenticeship program completion. • OSHA 10 hour training in General Industry Safety and Health. • OSHA 30 hour training in Construction Safety and Health. • Food plant manufacturing experience. • Understanding of requirements to maintain food safety and employee safety. • Experience with root cause analysis and continuous improvement. • Experience with the National Electric Code and NFPA-70E requirements.
• Experience with mechanical equipment including pneumatic, hydraulic, conveyor systems, packaging systems, air compressors, pumps and process piping.• Advanced computer skills.• Proficient in software application design, implementation and troubleshooting, Programmable Logic Controllers and HMI's (SLC-500, RSLogix-5000, Factory Talk, Wonder ware).• Working knowledge of SAP, MS Office and Windows.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-PA-Mount Joy
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for AEI Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly