Chemist-DAL00666 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
- Manage the daily workload including product testing, maintenance of quality records, and assisting in experiments for new and established products.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Responsible for product quality analysis, shipment paperwork, and maintaining retains.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 standards and specifications.
- Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests, qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials.
- Work with R&D to develop new test methods, procedures, and practices for the plant.
- Maintain records for batches in laboratory notebooks, incoming certificates of analysis, SDS's, and quality analysis sheets.
- Participate in safety / housekeeping inspections
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical and chemical separation techniques.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products and processes following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas
- Maintain, clean, and sterilize laboratory instruments and equipment.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Food Science, or related field or 5 years of laboratory testing or synthesis work.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others
• Self-starter, motivated, and innovative in creating solutions
• Ability to effectively manage time
• General computer skills, including entering and tracking data in systems and running various reports.
• Ability and willingness to rotate work schedule between day and evening shifts including weekends and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Food Science, or related field.
• 5 years laboratory experience with analytical testing
• Proficient in Microsoft office and SAP
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-GA-Dalton
Job Type Standard