Credit Manager - Cargill Protein & Salt
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Credit Manager - Cargill Protein & Salt-WIC03667 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Position located in Wichita, KS; would require Cargill sponsored relocation to Wichita.
Cargill Protein is a leader at delivering primary processed and value added proteins into the Foodservice, Retail and Manufacturing market channels. It operates several food processing facilities located in the US and Canada. Our customers in Foodservice are comprised of large national restaurant chain operators, contract feeding companies and both national and regional foodservice distributors. Our Retail customers are comprised of primarily large national grocery retailers and warehouse clubs. Our Manufacturing customers are comprised of large branded manufacturers of retail consumer packaged goods. The customers from these channels are attracted to working with Cargill because of our demonstrated leadership in delivering innovative products, integrity, operational excellence, food safety and risk management.
This position will lead the retained Order Trade Settlement to Cash (OTSC) organization for Cargill Protein and Salt (CPS) and have oversight of credit-to-cash risk and accounts receivable (A/R). This individual will be a strong business partner driving initiatives across the businesses within CPS North America (NA) to facilitate the end to end OTSC processes while taking the appropriate risks to maximize returns. This individual acts as a liaison and facilitates communication between the retained credit organization, Cargill Business Services (CBS), OTSC leadership, and business leadership ensuring policies, risk exposures, and credit market trends are properly understood. This role provides credit expertise, valued insight and monitoring of CPS credit issues as they impact the enterprise in North America. Understands complex industry and individual counterparty market positions, interprets market data and trends, and creates forward-thinking insight for best possible risk management. Uses broad-based knowledge to help Cargill and the business avoid credit losses and potential involvement in bankruptcies or other high risk situations. Serves as the key credit contact point for strategic customers. Provides ongoing oversight and guidance on accounts receivable goals and working capital targets.
40% Credit Risk and Accounts Receivable Oversight
: Establishment and oversight of credit policies and processes that comply with Cargill Global Credit Policy. Proactively work with the NA CPS businesses to find the right balance between minimizing risk while maximizing rewards.
• Provide guidance in escalated, high risk/high reward situations.
• Provide risk mitigation solutions and facilitate credit risk discussions with business leadership.
• Ensure Credit and Financial Risk Committee (FRC) policies and procedures are understood, complied with, and adhered to by the retained credit organization and the CBS credit team for the CPS NA businesses.
• Communicate all policy and procedure changes and provide on-going training to the credit, CBS, and commercial teams.
• Good understanding of the business environment and variables impacting our customer´s businesses and the ability to translate that into risk avoidance or value creation.
• On-going monitoring of credit exposure vs approved limits.
• Provide oversight on bankruptcy/bad debt accounts.
• Provide oversight of accounts receivable and ensure processes are aligned to meet working capital and DSO goals.
40% Business Partnering: This individual will be responsible to address the critical issues escalated by CBS and the businesses. Working with the CBS OTSC leadership and business teams, this individual will be responsible to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the processes for evaluating credit worthiness, credit limits setting, credit exposure monitoring/reporting, A/R collections and past due/defaults monitoring and control.
• Build and maintain relationships with strategic customers and business leaders.
• Create and maintain a culture of cooperation between the retained credit organization, CBS, and commercial teams to ensure that complete and timely credit worthiness evaluation is prepared for each customer, (as per credit policy) before the credit limit request is submitted for approval into the systems workflows.
• Provide oversight for CPS approach to managing customers' risk.
• Ensure strong communication and collaboration between the Global Credit Group, the CBS centers, and the business.
• Partner with CBS on credit exposure, monitoring/reporting, A/R management and continuous Improvement.
• Ensures visibility and accountability of key business metrics and fosters a culture of cooperation and continuous improvement with the CBS centers.
20% Talent management:
• Identify, develop, and coach direct reports to ensure we have high performing teams. Empower team to initiate change and drive results.
• Identify, retain, and develop key talent to support risk management and continuous improvement.
• Accountable for overall performance management, talent development, succession planning, and engagement.
• Create a culture of self-driven curiosity development and encourage intellectual curiosity to meet individual development goals.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Finance or Accounting
• 7 years experience in credit management or Finance
• Knowledge of credit, collection, & bankruptcy laws, collection agencies and attorneys
• Understanding of business structures, corporate hierarchies, subsidiaries
• Expertise in financial statement analysis and risk assessment
• Excellent written communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated experience and success in managing virtual teams and motivating for high performance
• Ability to successfully interact and negotiate with customers, both internal and external
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Strong leadership, team building, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Demonstrated change agility
• English Proficiency
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• 10 years global credit-related experience
• Strong knowledge of credit management systems and ERP's
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Other Locations US-FL-Miami, US-TX-Dallas, US-IN-Indianapolis, US-NY-New York, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-WA-Seattle, US-TX-Houston, US-OH-Cincinnati, US-IL-Chicago, US-MA-Boston, US-NE-Omaha
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Credit Manager - Cargill Protein & Salt
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly